New Header Photo Contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Andy, I know it takes up a lot of memory ( probably will take too much ) on your site but any thoughts of us uploading videos without first uploading it to Youtube?

We will be installing a new photo album system in the weeks to come. We can then make categories and share these great photos.

Another beautiful photo! Is it taken at Turn Point looking out to Pender and Saturna Islands? Absolutely love all the great photos, keep them coming. I think we need a Photo forum so we can all share and enjoy our cruising areas in one place.

Mike - It's actually Humphrey Head at the north end of Lopez Island looking southeast to Blakely and Decatur Islands.

Darren, that's a beauty, can you have a high res version available? If so, can you send it to andy [at] socialknowledge.com?

Hi Andy - Yes, I'll email you a hi-res version.

Hey Andy, I know it takes up a lot of memory ( probably will take too much ) on your site but any thoughts of us uploading videos without first uploading it to Youtube?
I'd like to figure this out as well and will speak to my developer about it. In the past (or from a computer) I saw little need as it took someone with enough computer skills to film, transfer, edit, upload which was a very small number of our contributors. Now, with cameras built into smart phones, taking and uploading the video is so much easier that we need to find a solution. I can't provide any ETA bit I do consider it an important feature and will see what we can do to get this added.

While we're still in the forum forming phase, I was wondering if there is another possible option for the header photo. How about a series of user selectable images? By that I mean if lets say there were 10 suitably sized and cropped images, that a member could select one for their header?

I really like the current one, but others may prefer a different one that might be either more in keeping with where they cruise, or perhaps the complete opposite.

Cover Boat Spotted.

I'm glad the present and long standing photo was chosen.
Would be hard to beat but a revolving door (monthly?) photo would be nice but I'm sure most chosen would not compare to the present. But if they were nearly as good I'd go for a change...ing cover photo. The pic of Marin's boat as an example as noted she does have an not so flattering list but worse she look overloaded. The present pic has no faults IMO.

Going through my i-photo pics I saw something that looked familiar. It was the cover photo boat in one of my old pics. We were in Red Bay on the north end of Prince of Wales Is NW of Ketchikan AK. I'm posting the two originals w zoomed in crops of same.

Attachments

• STH71556.jpg
    STH71556.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 44
  • STH71556 copy.jpg
    STH71556 copy.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 44
  • STH71558.jpg
    STH71558.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 45
  • STH71558 copy.jpg
    STH71558 copy.jpg