New to Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Papa Charlie

Vessel Name
Paloma
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4588
Hello,
I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, very first post. Have been enjoying reading some of the posts and felt that this was a great place to be a part of.

My wife and I live on our 1991 Bayliner 4588 Pilothouse in Everett, WA along with our Golden Retriever. Actually we just purchased the boat in October of last year. Prior to that we found ourselves living on a somewhat smaller boat for 1.5 years while we tried to find a boat that met all our needs.
We moved up to Washington from Northern California, our 32 footer was suppose to be a temporary home while we got established then we were to move back to land. I never thought for a moment that I would hear my lovely wife tell me that she wanted us to buy a larger boat and make the water our home. So here we are, a view of the Olympic Mountain range out our back door, Mt Baker to the North and just outside of the marina a view of the Cascade Mountain range.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

Hello Pat...

I knew you wanted to be a trawler deep down inside. ;)

. I never thought for a moment that I would hear my lovely wife tell me that she wanted us to buy a larger boat and make the water our home.
--------------------------------

LIke yours, my wife, THE WIFE, liked boating and we traveled extensively aboard. Often she would mention to other boaters that she enjoyed being on the boat and cruising. We actually got several offers to trade her for some nice trawler styles! Once when a man made the offer, she asked if his boat had a bow thruster, that I might be interested!
icon7.gif

CCC

Good to see you over here Papa!!! Enjoy TF- great folks, great forum! Welcome and glad you joined up!

Thanks for the welcome.
I wasn't aware that so many familiar faces were over here.

Thanks for the welcome.

PS, Mike, I have always been a Trawler guy. My favorite trawlers have been the Ocean Alexander 50's, DeFever 48's, and the Ranger 55 (At least after seeing that one that Larry posted).

Last edited:
Welcome to the board and to Everett.

We are moored in Everett on QN,commercial dock in the olid marina.

Welcome to the board and to Everett.

We are moored in Everett on QN,commercial dock in the olid marina.

Thank you. I have seen your boat and admired its lines many times. We are on South "I" Dock, West side about half way down. Very nice marina and what a beautiful area to boat in. Only thing that would make it better is if we were a little farther North, LaConner or Anacortes. But I work at Boeing and you cannot beat the commute with 7.5 miles each way.

So you have cover mooage but still be able to see the moumtains. You could sub rent a slip for a week/month closer. We use to move the boat around in the summer but it does make for a longer commute.

The covered slip really helps make the winters and the rain more tollerable. Much nicer to get the supplies down to the boat when you limit the exposure and especially when you are unloading the cart.
Our first slip was on B dock with our 32. It was nice being out there. The view was great and the sunshine. But you are more exposed and the Admiral didn't care for it when the skies opened up.
Under cover has made it much easier. In fact that was one of the criteria we had in looking for a boat. It had to fit in the covered slips. Being on the West side we get pretty good sun the view is great. From the fly bridge, with binnoculars I have seen the Grays spouting on the other side of Jetty Island. I'd say we are pretty lucky living in the area we do.

Back
Top Bottom