New build - Hampton Endurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First night on board, July 4th. There were fireworks!

Attachments

• July4th1200px-7040857.jpg
    July4th1200px-7040857.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 100
The fireworks were just for you guys of course. Congratulations.

The fireworks were just for you guys of course. Congratulations.

Thanks! Eleven years ago I was in the exact same spot. Never dreamed I'd be living in WA, much less having my dream boat by now.

First night on board, July 4th. There were fireworks!
i have fond memories of the first night on board "Sandpiper." Certainly not on par with your boat but exciting just the same. Just read your blog and am really impressed with the build!

Attachments

• IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 44
Wifey B: I remember our first night spent on a boat. It was incredible. I was like "we've got a boat we can sleep on" over and over in my mind. We did pay proper tribute to Salacia, Goddess of the Sea and wife of Neptune. We'd never slept on any boat before and were excited and apprehensive but we loved it. Before that, we just had a bowrider on a lake. :D

And if honoring Neptune, don't forget Salacia. :rofl:

What about JustBob?

What has happened to JustBob?? I have been captivated by his blog and then it just stops in January 2020. Does anyone know if he is ok? Thanks.

What has happened to JustBob?? I have been captivated by his blog and then it just stops in January 2020. Does anyone know if he is ok? Thanks.

Hey, thanks for asking. I'm still here, and doing just fine, thank you. Just kind of lost my motivation during Covid. I was a small business person most of my life, but grew my business into medium size 2010+. To see how many businesses, life's work, was going to be extinguished by the lock down really threw me for a loop.

I even thought about doing a thread here, saying I felt like I lost my boating mojo. Anyone else? We only did about 15 nights out, all in the South Sound.

I spent the majority of my time investing, as this was one amazing opportunity. And the rest was really house projects. Things my wife always wanted me to do that I didn't make time for.

From the reports of my friends, the San Juans were just clogged and I wasn't into that. We were going to go the week after Labor Day. Then the forest fire smoke from California came in. Then we were going to go the first week of October but my wife's mom fell and we had to get her organized for assisted living. Seems like every time we made a plan it got screwed up.

Over this winter we are remodeling at home and my plan has been to go to the boat every day and get her ready for whatever cruising we can do. I have done some of that but not as much as I could have. There's a good sized list of things that need tending to.

I often think, how hard would it be to put together four or five blog posts from two years ago, the places I never did posts about. Maybe I'll just try for one every few days, that's less onerous!

Thanks again. JustBob.

Hey, thanks for asking. I'm still here, and doing just fine, thank you. Just kind of lost my motivation during Covid. I was a small business person most of my life, but grew my business into medium size 2010+. To see how many businesses, life's work, was going to be extinguished by the lock down really threw me for a loop.

I even thought about doing a thread here, saying I felt like I lost my boating mojo. Anyone else? We only did about 15 nights out, all in the South Sound.

I spent the majority of my time investing, as this was one amazing opportunity. And the rest was really house projects. Things my wife always wanted me to do that I didn't make time for.

From the reports of my friends, the San Juans were just clogged and I wasn't into that. We were going to go the week after Labor Day. Then the forest fire smoke from California came in. Then we were going to go the first week of October but my wife's mom fell and we had to get her organized for assisted living. Seems like every time we made a plan it got screwed up.

Over this winter we are remodeling at home and my plan has been to go to the boat every day and get her ready for whatever cruising we can do. I have done some of that but not as much as I could have. There's a good sized list of things that need tending to.

I often think, how hard would it be to put together four or five blog posts from two years ago, the places I never did posts about. Maybe I'll just try for one every few days, that's less onerous!

Thanks again. JustBob.

I think you're in much the situation we've been in. Your life changed and your cruising was limited but still you're luckier and more fortunate than most. Lack of motivation is a sign of depression which so many feel from the pandemic. I know the mixed feeling where your life is going fairly well, but you see the struggles of those around you and that is depressing.

We did local boating over the weekends and no in our first cruise in a year, in the Bahamas. Things are far from normal here but we're just trying to make the most of today's world and encourage you do do the same. Even if it's only enjoying a couple of nights on your boat, that still puts you among the extremely lucky. Your avatar gives you reason to boat every chance you get. Glad to have you back, now some blogging and keep us all up to date on your goings on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom