This is never a good sign..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GFC

Guru
20171004_104055.jpg

Yup, I found some skinny water and dinged both props. There was a definite vibration so I hired a diver to remove the props. He got them off in good order and we're headed to Seattle tomorrow morning to drop them off at Kruger and Sons to get them fixed.
20171004_104050.jpg

They're not as bad as I thought they might be. This is the worst of the two. A few small divots and some dings is all. I called Krugers and they said their turnaround time would be around a week.
20171004_113132.jpg

So, tomorrow is Road Trip Day! Fisheries Supply here we come!

Doesn't look so bad, Mike. Do they do Prop Scan?

Sorry to see that Mike. Glad the damage wasn't any worse.

Wifey B: The dude in the picture has a silly grin on his face, looks happy you dinged them and needed him to dive. I know the type. Oh boy, honey, I just got a call. Someone had to cut their anchor loose. This should be a good job. Oh, this Sea Ray owner really cut it short around the bend. I know I shouldn't have moved the market but I needed the business. This, of course, is two jobs. One to take them off, then again in a week to put them back on. Oh, I just love shallow water. Go on and buy that new necklace you were wanting today. :dance::dance:

Sorry, GFC. Just the look the guy had. Sorry you did ding them but looks like they should be easily repaired and meanwhile you'll enjoy where you are. :)

Actually Wifey B, he's a friend and member of our club. I might be getting ripped of a little bit, but not horribly. And the smile.....I told him to smile for the camera.

He was in the water just 2 hours to get them off. It doesn't matter how long it took or how long to put them back on because he charges a flat fee to remove and reinstall props. Size doesn't matter either. It's getting him down there, getting his gear on and getting in the water that you're paying for.

Actually Wifey B, he's a friend and member of our club. I might be getting ripped of a little bit, but not horribly. And the smile.....I told him to smile for the camera.

He was in the water just 2 hours to get them off. It doesn't matter how long it took or how long to put them back on because he charges a flat fee to remove and reinstall props. Size doesn't matter either. It's getting him down there, getting his gear on and getting in the water that you're paying for.

Wifey B: He just has that same silly smile most of us do when told to smile for the camera. :D <<< See, just look how silly that smile looks.

I think barring a size he can't handle it makes sense to charge like that. :)

Its has to be fake news. Nobody could possibly smile when about to enter the water in that part of the world. The water is just way too cold! Whatever he gets paid, it would not be enough IMO.

Ins, the water temp is probably in the mid-60's. It gets up to around 70* in mid-summer but we're past that. Hence the dry suit instead of a wet suit. We took the props to Kruger & Sons in Seattle and dropped them off yesterday. They should have them ready in about a week and will ship them back to me. Then I get to say hello again to my friendly diver.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom