Old 11-28-2019, 08:34 AM   #81
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Just my opinion but this thread is fast becoming silly. The decision to purchase or not purchase a boat is completely personal. There are many "what ifs", maybes, might be's, based on's, how about's, can I/we...Way too many variables to give a definitive answer and way too many reasons why one can or can't or will or won't or should or shouldn't or, or, or.

I've re-read all the posts and EVERYONE has their OWN reasons for doing what they're doing, or not. There is simply NO right answer.

Apologies.

Old 11-28-2019, 10:05 AM   #82
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: Circuit Breaker
Vessel Model: 2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
I saw Jeffnick's comments as "open ended" or as some might say "rhetorical"...neither intended as mean or condescending.

This comment, I don't t exactly see....it's almost contradictory.

"In my opinion, this is a totally inappropriate comment. This is a forum for open conversation"....
You beat me to it, PS.......But thanks for the English lesson.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:05 AM   #83
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Sandpiper
Vessel Model: Bluewater 40 Pilothouse Trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant View Post
Didn’t say he used the word stupid. I said that no question is stupid and deserves a straight answer. I said insulting people who have a legitimate question is inappropriate. I also didn’t tell him to shut up. I told him that if he wanted to insult or argue that he should go to Facebook.

Want to disagree with me, fine. Don’t misquote me. If you agree with his condescending, insulting and argumentative reply to a guy with a legitimate question then you are a bird of the same feather. Notice I didn’t use another word that would be more descriptive.
Happy Thanksgiving.

The word stupid appears in your post. Jeffnick uses no such words.

In your post you told jeffnick "just keep quiet" which is basically telling him to shut up.

You are trying to censor what you don't agree with by labeling it inappropriate.

And then using some bird reference to try to insult me. Does'nt work, I'm not as sensitive as you are.
syjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:45 AM   #84
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant View Post
In my opinion, this is a totally inappropriate comment. This is a forum for open conversation. People of varying degrees of experience join and ask questions hoping to gain knowledge from people with more experience. No question is stupid. If you don’t have any positive guidance or advice to offer, then just keep quiet. If you want to argue or insult, go to Facebook.
This isn’t the place for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syjos View Post
We must be reading two different threads. I did not see the word "stupid" in jeffnick post nor did I feel that he was being argumentative nor insulting.

On the other hand you told him to be quiet (shut up) and go to facebook, which to me is more inappropriate.

He is sharing his opinion on a subject that has been discussed to death with many viewpoints.

I agree with his viewpoint.
Jeff, Like syjos, I didn't read your post as anything other than conversational. I agree that there is a cost to all things boating and those of us doing it the best we can understand that.

Those looking to enter the game often need some reference point to start from when analyzing their options and their costs. Jeff has found a great solution for himself and I have found one solution for me. Those 2 solutions will not work for many others who have their own formula variables.

I think the key takeaway is that we have to go into it with our eyes and minds (and sometimes wallets) wide open. Your mileage WILL vary from mine.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 05:59 PM   #85
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
I saw Jeffnick's comments as "open ended" or as some might say "rhetorical"...neither intended as mean or condescending.

This comment, I don't t exactly see....it's almost contradictory.

"In my opinion, this is a totally inappropriate comment. This is a forum for open conversation"....
Not "almost." It is.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 06:01 PM   #86
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
Jeff, Like syjos, I didn't read your post as anything other than conversational. I agree that there is a cost to all things boating and those of us doing it the best we can understand that.

Those looking to enter the game often need some reference point to start from when analyzing their options and their costs. Jeff has found a great solution for himself and I have found one solution for me. Those 2 solutions will not work for many others who have their own formula variables.

I think the key takeaway is that we have to go into it with our eyes and minds (and sometimes wallets) wide open. Your mileage WILL vary from mine.
Wifey B: Same advice I'd give as life advice. Do what works for you. It's really that simple.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote