Need Good Canvas Shop in South Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex F

Vessel Name
Inspiration
Vessel Make
420DB
I have hard plastic (acrylic, just like EZ2CY) installed on my bridge and it's time to replace it. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good canvas shop in FTL/Mia area to do hard plastic bridge enclosure?

I would also like to hear some feedback and recommendations on the product to use. It seems as there are less and less installers doing Acrylic (gluing method). Most people I've talk to use Makrolon (where they saw through the plastic, instead of gluing).

As I understand, Acrylic is a better quality product which offers 10 years warranty, costs more (due to the labor involved) and last longer. Mine is about 11-12 years old and yellowing and hazing started about a year ago only on couple panels. So, I'm pretty happy with how long it lasted.

Makrolon seems to be more popular these days. From what I know it has different models and offers different warranties. Marine 5 = 5years. I also found Macrolon UV with 10 years warranty.

However, couple of canvas people I've talked to lately, said that the Macrolon they're using comes with no warranty. So, that was a red flag to me.

What's your experience in south Fla, having the boat exposed to the sun 12 months a year?

Thanks,
Alex.

Last edited:
Bimini canvas

I had good success with Calypso Canvas in Key Largo. Contact Kim.

Thanks Mike.

Does anyone have experience or heard feedback on American Marine Coverings?

Top of the line that we found via first hand references and viewing of their work, and used down there quite happily , is Tip Top Canvas over in Dania/Hollywood. Held up well.
We loved our EX2CY, but I would take Tip-Top's advice, they were very straight shooters, which is likely why they are still at it all these years with a pick clientele.

Marine Canvas | ?️Yacht Upholstery | Tip Top Canvas?️

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom