Need advice for appliances, gas or electric, if you had a choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like your decision.

As said before think this decision should be based on where you cruise more than anything else. If in the moderate temperature industrial world where propane is easy to get it’s a reasonable choice. But you still face the increasing amount of evidence that having a gas appliance is bad for your health.
Using a heat exchanger off engine coolant or dry stack for domestic hot water is a no brainer wherever you are in my mind.
Coffee off a kerig or my choice a nepresso uses little juice as does modern electric kettles for tea.
We use our Splendide a lot but it does bedding poorly. That’s the reason we still use laundromats. If I had the space would put in speed queen like we have in the dirt dwelling. They are bulletproof.
If north diesel hydronic heat is a must. Reverse AC is too energy intensive and inefficient with low water temperatures. Again a loop to recover engine heat and a loop for domestic hot water makes use of otherwise waste heat.

Where are the 8000 watts of solar panels mounted?

The panels are not installed yet. There was originally a bimini hardtop, it was in rough shape, so I removed it and am having a new frame built that holds 8 panels in front of the radar arch as a bimini, 4 behind the radar arch to cover the dinghy, and then another 4 in front of the flybridge, above the helm.

Was supposed to be completed by now, but had to go to Miami for a business trip for 3 weeks, have been there now for 6 weeks and still going.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom