Navionics shutting down while on iPad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimW

Vessel Name
CLASSEA
Vessel Make
1988 Defever 41
While using Navionics on a iPad Air2 software version 15.2, Navionics randomly shuts down . . . Have to reboot it and then it shuts down again . . . Any thoughts?

?have you tried turning the iPad completely off (no power) so a complete reboot occurs, deleting navionics and reloading the app? Then reload your charts. Do you run navionics on the iPhone as well? If so you maybe able to save your routes.

?have you tried turning the iPad completely off (no power) so a complete reboot occurs, deleting navionics and reloading the app? Then reload your charts. Do you run navionics on the iPhone as well? If so you maybe able to save your routes.

Will give it a try, weird thing is that it is doing the same thing on all 3 iPads . . . Started like 2 days ago . . .

My Navionics app is locking up during startup. Only thing I’ve found that gets it going again is restarting the iPad.

After reading your post tried to update my charts on my iPad. Couldn’t do it although I have an active subscription. Maybe it’s on their end not ours. Would ask others to check functionality of their navionics to see if anyone can get it to work. For me it didn’t crash. Just won’t download new chart corrections.

There was a iOS/iPadiOS update 15.2.1 that was pushed out on Jan 12 which I have not yet installed on my devices, and Navionics is working fine for me. I’ll report if updating iOS breaks Navionics or not.

Tried again worked fine this time. Think there’s something weird with navionics.

Yes, working fine even after update.

Deleted Navionics (on 1 iPad) reinstalled, worked fine for a bit but then shutdown and had to open again . . . Have submitted a request of problem to helpline . . . Crickets so far, Trawler Forum is the BEST HELP LINE, thank you all . . . I will keep trying.
Standing by

Is this your only means for electronic navigation? If so, this would be a strongly argument for installing a marine MFD.

An application crash really only occurs for a few reasons. If the OS and application are both up to date, I would do the following:

1) Backup all my data on the iPad.

2) Do a factory reset to get the ipad back to when you opened the box.

3) Install JUST the navionics software.

4) Install your maps, routes, etc.

5) See if the issue recurs.

IF the issue is still occurring, I would look for another application. I'd also be buying an MFD if I didn't already have one. Incidentally, I use a Raymarine display and an iPad. The iPad is horrible in bright light and with polarized lenses.

Is this your only means for electronic navigation? If so, this would be a strongly argument for installing a marine MFD.

An application crash really only occurs for a few reasons. If the OS and application are both up to date, I would do the following:

1) Backup all my data on the iPad.

2) Do a factory reset to get the ipad back to when you opened the box.

3) Install JUST the navionics software.

4) Install your maps, routes, etc.

5) See if the issue recurs.

IF the issue is still occurring, I would look for another application. I'd also be buying an MFD if I didn't already have one. Incidentally, I use a Raymarine display and an iPad. The iPad is horrible in bright light and with polarized lenses.

Roger that with the polarized lenses . . . Have 2 MFD, laptop and 3 iPads, 3 iPhones (different cell networks) . . . Just aggravating when one of them and in this case 2 of them don’t work . . .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom