Naval Patrol Boat Takes on Cruise Ship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if as the virus spreads there will be a growing set of people who survive and carry the antibodies. Perhaps they will be less adverse to cruise ships if they believe they are now immune, especially as the fares come down. Probably would apply to airlines as well.

Cruise ships have seen worse times. Notably when the Romans started to chain the passengers to their benches. Nowadays they get chained to the bars.

Its probably still a year away, but I think once there is a covid vaccine, cruising will go back to normal. Until the next virus outbreak....but presumably we will handle that one a little better as a result of this one.

Pirates

I’ve been boarded by pirates only one time,,, and they wore Venezuela CG uniforms. They came from the CG post on Los Aves (just east of Bonaire) in a small boat, possibly from around the same area that this incident happened. Boarded our boat, checked everywhere including the bottom by diver, wanted us to make them a meal, wanted any “extra” food we had, wanted very much to take our 200gal fuel bladder from our bow, and stole 2 flashlights on their way off our boat.

That was a few years ago........

I’ve been boarded by pirates only one time,,, and they wore Venezuela CG uniforms. They came from the CG post on Los Aves (just east of Bonaire) in a small boat, possibly from around the same area that this incident happened. Boarded our boat, checked everywhere including the bottom by diver, wanted us to make them a meal, wanted any “extra” food we had, wanted very much to take our 200gal fuel bladder from our bow, and stole 2 flashlights on their way off our boat.

That was a few years ago........

Wow Sharkey.

I am surprised they did not try shaking you down for some cash. Most often they will say you owe X amount of dollars to cruise their waters or some bull like that.

I know I have ran into that one time on my way to the VI years ago near the coast of the Dominican.

Anyways, happy to hear you all made it out ok.

Cheers.

H.

PS. Is that C.P.O. Sharkey? :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom