Mystery part

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ORIF

Vessel Name
TAMI II
Vessel Make
Tollycraft, 44 CPMY
Has anyone seen one of these before:
Attached are photos of a PVC part that’s inline with the raw water supply to one of my Raritan heads.
When you unscrew the white cap, nothing is inside except a pipe perforated with holes that allows water to percolate through.
There is nothing else in the chamber.
Is the water percolation supposed to provide aeration or maybe it’s just a homemade device to put a cleaner in?

Attachments

• 84A8FBFA-E071-445F-8226-FC0BD50E0C70.jpg
    84A8FBFA-E071-445F-8226-FC0BD50E0C70.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 86DDFC16-D18D-4BA7-B2C0-A6579302AEB5.jpg
    86DDFC16-D18D-4BA7-B2C0-A6579302AEB5.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 49
It was a device to put chemical into the flush water. I don’t think it was a Raritan product. I’d just remove it. Might be a good idea to put a small sea strainer in it’s place.

It looks like you have a vented loop in the system as well. It should be between the pump and the bowl, not between the thru-hull and the pump. I can’t tell where yours is but they are often installed wrong.

It was a device to put chemical into the flush water. I don’t think it was a Raritan product. I’d just remove it. Might be a good idea to put a small sea strainer in it’s place.

It looks like you have a vented loop in the system as well. It should be between the pump and the bowl, not between the thru-hull and the pump. I can’t tell where yours is but they are often installed wrong.

Thanks for the suggestion on the vented loop.
Mine is a Crown II head which if I’m thinking straight has its macerator at a remote location. So that puts my vented loop between the bowl and macerator.

I haven’t gone down to verify that but I’m pretty sure that’s my setup.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom