Moving a big boat by truck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks to all for your responses. To all those who have suggested moving the boat home on her own bottom - I'd love to do that, but don't have the time. I'm still working, and doing such a trip using my vacation time would 1) consume all my vacation time for the foreseeable future (OK with me but not so much for my wife) and 2) take me a year and a half or two to get the boat home; so, great idea, but not feasible for me.

Sounds like transport by truck is doable, just very complex and expensive, which is pretty much what I thought. The suggestion to have the re-assembly tech go out to do the disconnect work on the disassembly end is a good idea I wouldn't have thought of.

I guess now I just have to decide if the boat I'm contemplating is worth all the trouble and expense. I was just trying to get a sense of how feasible the whole operation is before I commit to flying out to see the boat. You've all been a big help. Thanks again.

David

Rick Sweeten at Line Six specializes in moving boats. I'd contact him for more information. Line Six Services - Home

I was Looking to have a boat moved until it was taken out from under me. I called https://www.richiesboathauling.com/ The lady there explained everything to me in detail. All the permits, oversize restrictions, restricted travel times, pilot cars, everything. My only advice is to have the full and accurate details of the boat you're wanting moved. Ask questions no matter how crazy you may think they are. If the moving company can't or won't go into full details about moving your boat, walk away and find someone else.

Back
Top Bottom