Mounting Rochna or Vulcan on GB 42 bow pulpit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordon GB

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Raven
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42 Classic
Mounting Rocna or Vulcan on GB 42 bow pulpit

Anyone successfully mount a Rocna or Vulcan anchor on a GB 42 with this type of anchor pulpit (the one with a slot on the right for the anchor shank to go through to line up with the Tigres winch's chain wildcat?

Attachments

• 42 anchor pulpit 3.jpg
    42 anchor pulpit 3.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Same boat pulpit and windlass. Used to have that same CQR, too. Replaced with #6 excel (30kg) … couldn’t be happier. Fits well and works well.
I assumed any roll bar anchor would not fit. Assumed the Vulcan would fit, but I liked the excel so never confirmed. Good luck!

Anyone successfully mount a Rocna or Vulcan anchor on a GB 42 with this type of anchor pulpit (the one with a slot on the right for the anchor shank to go through to line up with the Tigres winch's chain wildcat?

I can’t speak to the 42, but I did have a GB36 with a similar slot style pulpit. Initially, I bought a Rocna, but the roll bar impacts the FRP pulpit. Just as I was about to get some expensive SS custom pulpit modifications made, the Vulcan was released specifically for this type of mounting so I sold the Rocna & bought a Vulcan which fit perfectly and held just as well.

Go to the website, you can download and print the anchor profiles. Make a mock up from cardboard or thin plywood to ensure the size you select fits well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom