More time for boating!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drb1025

Guru
Vessel Name
Fiddler
Vessel Make
DeFever 46
Finally, after 34 years of federal service, I'm retiring tomorrow! I will now have the time I need to enjoy boating in the PNW!

Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy!

Welcome to retirement. It may not be all that is cracked up to be at times, but is still pretty good most of the time. I like your boat name. That is clever, with a double meaning. "We are going to see," with of course the obvious double meaning of "We are going to sea." Nice.

Congrats

May you find retirement as exhausting I have.

Marty

Welcome to retirement. It may not be all that is cracked up to be at times, but is still pretty good most of the time. I like your boat name. That is clever, with a double meaning. "We are going to see," with of course the obvious double meaning of "We are going to sea." Nice.

Thank you! I get a lot of favorable comments. At first, I was surprised how many people get the double meaning. But there are just as many that don't until I lead them there.

I would suggest you start planning on a circumnavigation of Vancouver Island. That is what I did when I retired in 1999. It was and still is the most memorable trip I have done on a boat or any mode of transportation.

I love the Defever 46. Is yours the one that was displayed at the Seattle boat shows a few years ago? I'll trade you...

Ron

I would suggest you start planning on a circumnavigation of Vancouver Island. That is what I did when I retired in 1999. It was and still is the most memorable trip I have done on a boat or any mode of transportation. I love the Defever 46. Is yours the one that was displayed at the Seattle boat shows a few years ago? I'll trade you... Ron
That's a good suggestion Ron. We will have time for longer trips such as that. We plan to first venture north in steps-a trip to Desolation Sound, then another to the Broughtons, etc, eventually making it to SE Alaska maybe summer after next. I think my boat was in a show or two. At the most recent Boats Afloat show there was a DeFever 49, which is the 46 with an integrated swimstep.

Congrats on your retirement, Dale. I've been retired from gainful federal employment for only 362 days (but who's counting?) and have been loving every bit of it. More time for boating is one of the best parts. You've sure got some beautiful waters to explore.

Thanks for 34 years of civil service!!

Congrats on your retirement, Dale. I've been retired from gainful federal employment for only 362 days (but who's counting?) and have been loving every bit of it. More time for boating is one of the best parts. You've sure got some beautiful waters to explore. Thanks for 34 years of civil service!!
Thank you FlyWright! I'm looking forward to many trips in this beautiful boating destination.

Congrats

May you find retirement as exhausting I have.

Marty

X 2 what Marty said. Today I celebrated Halloween by wearing a mask as I yanked my genset from its tiny sub-galley hole.

Welcome to the wonderful world of being a jobless bum. :) I retired at the end of 2010 and have loved every minute of it. As I'm typing this we're down in AZ for a 2-week vacation, and the nice thing about being retired is we didn't have to ask anyone for permission to take time off.

Oh, and we also get to spend more time boating!

Back
Top Bottom