More boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RonR

Guru
Vessel Name
Triton
Vessel Make
48' Golden Egg Harbor
So last year I had a friend ask me to sell his Aluminum Big Block river runner. It was a little beat up and been in storage for 8 years. I got it cleaned up, services and sold. The PO was not a good people person and prefered not to show the boat, so he cut me in on 20% and it worked for everyone.

This year his friend bought a new fishing boat and aske me to sell off his old one. He said it ran great, and was fished hard for the last 10 years and kept inside a shop in the off season. I picked it up (it was sitting outside for last winter and was green). Washed it, charged up the battries and checked all the fluids. Went to start it the next day with no luck. Looks as if he did not drain the exhaust manifolds and they froze and cracked, leaked water into the engine. Its rusted up good from the bore scope info... He did not want to mess with it.. so I am now the owner of another boat...

I bought new exhaust manifolds/risers, and am now on the hunt for a rebuilt long block 350. The plan is to get it running, finish cleaning it and toss it in a slip for the summer and fish it. Next spring we will decide if we are going to keep it (My son wants to buy it from us). Or sell it outright.

Wish me luck

1994 Bayliner 23.5 hardtop Trophy, Chevy 350/ I/O. with 347 hours on it.
Freshwater cooled, small red dot heater, sink and a nice trailer.
With 3 in the driveway the neighbors are asking whats going on now days.
:lol:
(1) Fishing boat that is now ours (ours)
(1) Tender for the big boat (wifes)
(1) Ski boat that I repaired a few seats for a friend

Attachments

• Trophy.jpg
    Trophy.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 17
  • boats.jpg
    boats.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom