Moorage and Hauling in Europe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Euphoria

Vessel Name
Lady Luna
Vessel Make
70’ Hatteras
Does anyone have any experience in hauling their trawler while in Europe. Trying to get an idea of the cost. A representative of the boat in which we are looking at told us that to haul, block on hard for five days and put back in water would be 4000 eu which in Canadian dollars is $6000.00, sounds a little expensive.
70’ trawler, any thoughts?

Where in Europe do you wish to do this? Weight?

Ok. Can't help you with Montenegro area. I thought I'd ask, in case, on the off chance it was somewhere in Scandinavia. There are not many things I can claim are dirt cheap in Scandinavia (vs. North America), but haulage is one of them -- at least for boats in the 30-50' range. My lift out (33' boat) is about $175 in Southern Sweden. Then $175 to go back in again when winter is over. But your boat is about 9x heavier than mine!

If Montenegro isn't a must, but somewhere in the central Med is possible for you, I could suggest you take a look at Manoel Island Yacht Yard in Malta. I had a booking for haulage and storage over the coming winter there with my boat, but now, due to Corona, that won't happen until next year. Anyway, they have been great to work with online. Prompt quotations and good customer service. English, English, English. Full service yard. Slipways can handle 50 meters and 500 tons. Travel lift, only 50 tons, however.

Web link below. Be sure to click around their website, however. It's a nice presentation.
Facilities - Slipways, Haul Out; Engineering and electronic repairs - Manoel Island Yacht Yard Malta

Good luck with your research!

Thanks Scott, great info for when we start our travels. Yes we do plan a visit to Malta.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom