Monster Adrift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurrayM

Guru
Vessel Name
Badger
Vessel Make
30' Sundowner Tug
There's deadheads, and then there's deadheads.

Saw this mid-channel looking up Kildala Arm (veiled by forest fire smoke) on BC's north coast.

It's root wad must have been waterlogged because it was standing about 7 feet vertically out of the water :eek:

Attachments

• DSCF0738.jpg
    DSCF0738.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 203
We've seen lots of escapees from log rafts while on the East side of Vancouver Island. Saw one deadhead in Johnstone Strait that was about four feet out of the water.

I saw a video or read about a tree like that, cant remember where it was, but it had been floating around the same area for many years and they even had a name for it. Ill dig around and see if I can find the article.

Working on a fishing boat in the middle of the Pacific, we spotted a vertical log that popped up now and then, and disappeared for minutes at a time.
It was supporting quite a food chain, we caught tons of fish around it, but had some nervous moments when it was out of sight for a while.

There's deadheads, and then there's deadheads.

Saw this mid-channel looking up Kildala Arm (veiled by forest fire smoke) on BC's north coast.

It's root wad must have been waterlogged because it was standing about 7 feet vertically out of the water :eek:

I'd swear that looks like the conning tower on North Korea's newest sub. If I remember, it was Logger Class.

Back
Top Bottom