Mom gave me some photo's of my Great Grandfathers boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampu

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Cajun Rose
Vessel Make
Biloxi Lugger
I thought I would share them. The Marie was my Grandfathers boat and the other was my Great Grandfathers boat. The only date I had on any of the pictures was 1914.
img_174724_0_2815018ee9450bf4cd7c15347ae28da5.jpeg

img_174724_1_3b73674aad62369e505783af3b139de3.jpeg

Wow, Marie sure had a beautiful sheer line. Those canopies where very practical to for shading the boat.

Thanks for sharing

Weird.... I wonder why I love those boats so. They make me smile.

Marie is sweet. Big canopies must run in the bloodline.

That was some manta ray hanging from the bow there...nice boat too, of course...

Marie is sweet. Big canopies must run in the bloodline.
Your right about that. I never noticed until I posted them here. I wish I had more pictures of the inside.

Paul, that is a great family tradition that you are continuing. Your ancestors would be proud to know that.:thumb:

Now that is cool.
My grandfathers boat was a 3 masted schooner, commercial fishing boat. I wish I could find a picture of her. Sadley I don't think any exist.

SD

My ancestors in about 1835 after the Indian territory was opened to settlement came down the Tennessee River in flat boats similar to this. (no actual pictures of course). The oldest grave I have found has a birth date of 1775.

Here is a similar type boat.

img_174813_0_7d9e56310576f368e750392e282501b3.jpg

In 1914, those were not just ordinary boats, they were very large, very expensive yachts in every sense. Obviously some money in the family. I am certain your Grandpa's would be proud to see the Cajun Rose & to know their great grandson is carrying on with the family tradition.

I too am a 4th generation boat nut but alas my families boats were considerably more modest.

Note in the first photo they appear to be dragging the ray?

Thanks for sharing, I wonder where they put the GPS, VHF, AIS, EPRIB, Chartplotter, autopilot, weatherfax & radar. Surely no one would take such a nice large yacht out without them : )

Back
Top Bottom