Mobile Boat Mechanic Seattle Seattle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ducatihottie

I searched the forum for "mechanic", "mobile mechanic" and more. Hard to narrow it down.

Can someone please recommend a mobile mechanic to fix the items on my 42 CHB Survey. Contact information would be nice and the boats in Fisherman's Terminal.

BTW, are there any other members here in Fisherman's Terminal?

Thanks, Brian

I searched the forum for "mechanic", "mobile mechanic" and more. Hard to narrow it down.

Can someone please recommend a mobile mechanic to fix the items on my 42 CHB Survey. Contact information would be nice and the boats in Fisherman's Terminal.

BTW, are there any other members here in Fisherman's Terminal?

Thanks, Brian

What are the work items? Why mobile? If the boat worked fine on trials you have some good yards on Seattle's urban lakes. Not as many as there used to be but still some good ones.

Please don't take this wrong. How do I get a 42 foot boat to an urban lake? Do you mean lake Union or lake Washington?

Im new to this, I thought mobile marine mechanics are the way to go? Aren't you in Portage bay near me?

Can you recommend a land based marine then?

The urban lakes are Salmon Bay, Lake Union & Lake Washington. You're pretty much already there in Fisherman's terminal. Mobile will charge you travel time and may not have the support of a good shop. But sometimes the labor rate makes it worth it. And sometimes it's the only way to go.

Who to contact depends upon the work you need to have done. Google "boat yards Lake Union Seattle" and see what turns up. So many have closed recently I'm no longer sure who to refer you to. A buddy has been very happy with Lake Union Boat repair. CSR at Shilshole has a good rep but I can verify, I've never used them. You'll get to experience the locks if you use them. The shipwrights who used to run Jensen Motorboat before it sold have started their own shop. Peter Proctor 206 605 0227 and Steve Evervold 206 209 1301. Both honest and hard working, both have been on the Seattle waterfront for decades and if they can't do your work they will know who can. Teil 'em Ray sent you.

If you have extensive work that needs to be done consider going to Port Townsend. Start with the co-op up there and see what turns up.

I was near you on Portage Bay, at Jensen's, but when it sold I had to leave along with everyone else.

So I don't have to haul my boat to lake Tapps:). I even had a home overlooking Portage Bay right by Queens Yacht Club and never heard that. Now I know.

Thanks I'll check the place's you mentioned. Very nice of you.

So I don't have to haul my boat to lake Tapps:). I even had a home overlooking Portage Bay right by Queens Yacht Club and never heard that. Now I know.

Thanks I'll check the place's you mentioned. Very nice of you.

You had Kevin do the survey, I've used his company for service without any complaints.

In the NW corner of Fisherman’s Terminal is a small yard. Walk over and talk to them. Every Marine repair operation does dock calls around here.

Last edited:
This may not be very handy to Seattle, but it is something to keep in mind for the future.

I am a detail-oriented customer.

We recently had great service from Tri-County Diesel in Bellingham. They helped me over the phone with consultation earlier in the year, then helped again on another occasion with a parts issue. Both were pleasant experiences, and they didn’t profit from helping me out those first two times.

We decided to have a couple of things addressed in June while traveling, and gave Tri-County a call. There was availability on their schedule, so we stopped in Bellingham where they are located. We received valve lash adjustments on the generator and wing engines, some exhaust work, and a hose replaced. It was a great experience - attention to detail, good communications, prompt, and fair rates. Our technician, Travis, found an issue in a manual that would have affected the outcome of one of the valve lash jobs, had I performed it. No mess was left - nothing was broken (thats normally how it goes, right?).

We have a couple of bigger projects coming up before we head offshore - Tri County will be my first choice for the work.

THANS ALL. Kevin sold or turned his company over to someone else.

TRI county sounds great but to far for me.

I will accept marina suggestions as one said they would even pick up my boat and take it to their yard.

I highly recommend Kraken Marine. They're out of Tacoma but they'll travel to Seattle and beyond - ask for Tom.

Be aware that you will generally pay for travel time to get a service guy to your location. Thus, for you, finding a mechanic or yard on Lake Union will minimize costs. Hiring someone from Bellingham or Tacoma just doesn't make sense.

Please, let us know how you make out with you chosen mechanic. A good referral is nice to have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom