Miss OSB update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Don't know how many of you remember the info that was posted on Miss OSB.* There is some news about her that comes from a reliable unnamed source close the her.

She has been owned by Grant Forest Products, a large producer of OSB.* They are in bankruptcy, and Miss OSB is to be taken over by a bank.* Supposedly there is a lien by the boat builder that the bank will clear up then sell the boat.

The story is that she cost $7 mil to develope and build.* $3 mil was R & D to develop the system to fabricate with West System Epoxy Resin.* The $4 mil for actual construction.* She will reportedly do 50 mph with her Cat engines through jet drives.* The trailer was supposedly fabricated for a cost of $150,000.* Someone can get a good buy.* I would be afraid to offer under 1 mil for her as I would be afraid that they would take it.

Remember this is not direct knowledge, but from a reliable source.

She is currently out of the water for a survey near the slip of Reef Drifter.* Could there be some connection there?

More news on this breaking story as it developes.

I wonder if they would go for an even trade? I saw that boat in the barn when we first came to Gasparilla......WOW what a boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!Would be sooooo cool!!!!!!!

What a surprise to Find Miss OSB here on the Trawler Forum. Powered with twin CAT C32s with 1700 hp each it does not fit the trawler catagory and no one will be asking if it can save fuel by running on one engine!
I have been dealing with international accountants, Ernst and Young, in Toronto since September 2009 to assist in the selling of this non-core asset of Grant Forest Products. In Dec 2010 they signed a listing agreement with me and after our sea trial this week or next, the boat will be coming to Fort Lauderdale to go into our indercover brokerage yacht showroom. It has been a long process to get the accountants and attorneys to work with the builder to finally do a sea trial.
The current asking price is $2,999,000 and it is based on an old yacht broker's axiom of "if you want to sell a custom one off, just take half off the build price." I had been told that it was 6 million to build but have since been told by the builder it was only 4 million. I will eventually have three opinions of value from marine surveyors so that the sale can be approved by a Canadian court.
There are some more pictures of it on my personal website. I do not want to make this post commercial but a hint is my user name!

So right after I wrote this post, I checked the search feature above for the pictures and there they are, the pictures I took about a year ago. The power of Google!

Am I interpreting the photos correctly?* Is that helm station windowless but with four screens displaying views from cameras?

No there are windows at the helm station but the multible screens are to show plotter, depth, engine room camera, and radar in any combination desired.

Here is a picture of the helm showing the windows and a few more pictures.

Attachments

• miss osb helm full view.jpg
    miss osb helm full view.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 401
  • miss osb bow detail web.jpg
    miss osb bow detail web.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 886
  • miss osb anchor pulpit.jpg
    miss osb anchor pulpit.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 383
  • running shot.jpg
    running shot.jpg