Miami Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was there when a USCG Reserve pilot was arrested for cooperating with the drug smugglers...great guy right up to that point...

One mistake in choosing who to associate with or trust can lead to nothing but tragedy. My father had a client who went into a hotel purchase with someone he shouldn't have. On a Friday he drove to the airport to fly to discuss the money he was owed. The next time he was seen was about 3 months later when he floated to the surface of a lake as the water warmed for spring. He was wrapped in drapes from a hotel and chain (perhaps this belongs in the rode discussion) but his body wasn't punctured so up he came.

A lot of business people in South Florida have gotten pulled in by a loan for their business or an investor in it.

One of the real quandary's people can face in life is to witness something illegal. Are you comfortable enough law enforcement can protect you to go to them?

Back in the late seventies and early eighties we sold a lot of bladder tanks and #410 charts together. The 410 chart covers most of the water between Florida and South America. They always paid in twenties.

Since we're thread drifting, I have a question for the experts among us. Since El Chapo was captured through intelligence gleaned from his interviewing Sean Penn, does Penn have some liability if he didn't report it?

Since we're thread drifting, I have a question for the experts among us. Since El Chapo was captured through intelligence gleaned from his interviewing Sean Penn, does Penn have some liability if he didn't report it?

Penn has all sorts of potential exposure. At the very least he is now a witness. Depending on what he witnessed, he could be an accomplice or an accomplice after the fact. There's no direct crime for failure to report, but a lot of other potential charges. See the charges against the mom who ran to Mexico with her son, the Affluenza boy. Could he be guilty in some way of harboring a fugitive?

He may well proclaim freedom of the press protection, but he and the other interviewer have exposed themselves greatly. Now, there's another aspect. That is if Chapo told Sean Penn of any criminal plans endangering the lives of others. One other worry. Chapo isn't powerless in prison. He continued to run his organization last time from prison. If he thinks Sean Penn was responsible for his arrest might he retaliate? I don't know but it's not like Sean Penn could ever go into witness protection. Now, the reason the Mexican government may want to extradite Chapo is to end his control of his organization. As long as he's in Mexico, he retains that control.

I am still amazed at all Chapo told Sean Penn. He confessed to a lot of major crimes which he had never admitted to. This is going to be a long, interesting story, but Sean Penn has the potential of a lot of trouble coming from it.

Sean Penn put himself at great risk with conducting the interview. That risk doesn't end with the capture.

Thanks for answering my question, it is quite a story unfolding. And now, back to the sandbar.

Back
Top Bottom