Miami insanity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought everybody knew to avoid those areas on the weekends. If you wait until Monday you would have hardly seen a boat

The folks in the Miami area are at least honest.

I was passed by a boat called "BRAIN DEAD" and it was true!

With our Nordic Tug we only need 13' air draft to pass under the bridges. In other words, to us there are no bridges.
That said, we do not travel on the weekends and NEVER on a three day holiday.
It's called being retired. ???

I know their rating and it was NYC before. I've not encountered it. I just don't like stereotyping. I'm sure you'll agree that, even if you didn't meet them, there are many people there who are not rude. Now, I think some rudeness is perceived through cultural differences and language. In NY I see it perceived by the manner of speech.

I've also seen these articles on best places to live in America and wondered what drug they were on in the selection. The truth though is it's different for everyone. The Street says it's Rochester, MN. It might be if you could get beyond the climate, but the climate is a pretty big thing. Business Insider says Denver. If you like a coast, perhaps it isn't.

I would encourage anyone to next time they go to Miami, if they've had issues in the past, don't assume the worst and make an extra effort to be friendly. A nice comment helps. I had to learn NYC years ago. It was fast and loud talk to me. Well, I got to know people there and found out they're just delightful to know. What others saw as rudeness, was just how they talked. Meanwhile, I issued orders with please and "if you don't mind" and "would you."

I would just like to interject that the Puget Sound area, particularly anything South of Seattle is definitely NOT one of the best places to live. It rains 24/7 except for parts of August. The people are rude, ill educated, and have poor personal hygiene. The taxes are cripplingly high and the wages (for those few that can find a job) are horrendously low. And worst of all, it is a terrible place for boaters. This region should be avoided at all costs.

I would just like to interject that the Puget Sound area, particularly anything South of Seattle is definitely NOT one of the best places to live. It rains 24/7 except for parts of August. The people are rude, ill educated, and have poor personal hygiene. The taxes are cripplingly high and the wages (for those few that can find a job) are horrendously low. And worst of all, it is a terrible place for boaters. This region should be avoided at all costs.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Nice try!!!!!

Tests showed very high levels of ammonia and feces in that pristine water. Wouldn't be surprised if that gathering is banned in the future. Gross.

Oh yes lets ban something that people enjoy, sounds good until they hit you with the ban hammer. I bet you enjoy things that others think should be banned. Freedom for the win.:banghead:

I think the word "Banned" should be banned.

As far as Ammonia, please cite sources.:nonono:

Urine takes several days to develop the ammonia compounds, that's why fresh urine does not smell of ammonia (if yours does you may have a UTI and should be checked) With the proximity of the ocean the dilution rate is sufficient to dilute the wastes, if not what city beach would you think should also be closed due to even greater numbers of people?

rant off

Just don't go to the north end unless you are gay...

Some things the signs don't tell you :blush:

Wifey B: Haulover isn't our thing. We've only checked it out. However, if you think we'd be at all bothered by the "gay" section you point out, you are very wrong. I think everyone should feel free to be who they are.

Now, we have been to and enjoyed nude beaches elsewhere. They were relaxed, friendly, non-threatening in every way. My hubby never would have gone to one before me and before I corrupted him. :rofl:

I like South Beach better than Haulover and you are free to be topless there. But I'm glad Haulover exists. I like that Miami is open and has areas that all people can feel free. I love the diversity that is Miami. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom