Mexico and the Covid Blues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Montenido

Vessel Name
Ansedonia
Vessel Make
Californian/Carver 52CPMY
Hi folks,
My wife and I keep our Californian 52 down in La Paz, BCS, MX. We left La Paz for the last time on March 17, just as the world started to take notice of Covid and the shutdowns began. We have not been back since and we are missing some of the best cruising down there at this time of year.

On Monday I finally booked tickets to Cabo and was very excited to be returning after 3 months. However, after watching the Covid numbers begin to spike again, I have cancelled the trip. I am anxious to return, but don't want to get caught up in the pandemic down there. Currently, all the islands are closed, so you can anchor but not go ashore. All of the little fishing villages are also closed to cruisers. It appears that I will have to wait until October to return, unless something really positive happens.

I am very frustrated, as I'm sure a lot of you are. All my extra hurricane lines are locked up inside Ansedonia, and so unavailable to workers if needed. I hate to let 6 months go by without a visit, but it looks like that is what is going to happen. I know that this is a first-world problem, so I can't complain too loudly.

Anyway, my rant is over. Stay safe everybody and enjoy your summer. :thumb:

Cheers, Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom