Meeting Those Heading South

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
I think it would be a nice idea to post here if you would be interested in perhaps meeting up with cruisers coming south down the ICW this fall/winter/spring.

Post where you are on the ICW and which specific places are close to you. If any of the cruisers are in the area they can post and perhaps agree to meet up for a burger and beer or to host on their vessel.

We are in Jacksonville, right on the ICW about two miles south of the St Johns, between the St Johns and Palm Cove and Beach Marine marinas.

Post up if you want to meet up for a beverage when passing by!

M

I would be up for that as well! (if not at sea). We are open to Jax or St Augustine meeting with peeps. Near term schedule has me in Jax from 10/20 to 11/17 or so. I live across the street from St Johns River near the Buckman bridge. We have no boat access.

Good thought, Menzies - been having the same idea. I'm in Jacksonville Beach just at the east end of the SR-202 (Butler Blvd.) Bridge, which I cross most days. Beach Marine and Palm Cove Marinas are about 12 minutes away by car. St. Augustine is about 35 minutes via A1A. I'd be glad to meet up with folks on their way south and put faces to names. (Same with regard to you, SoF, and any other J'villians on TF).

I am kind of surprised that this idea didn't get a ton of responses. If we still kept our boat on the ICW, we'd definitely be up for meeting those going south! We spent Friday night last week in Morehead City and passed many large yachts going south in Adams Creek on our way home to New Bern.

I think it's a great idea:thumb:

My wife and I met with Mike and Sharon (READY2GO) in Dunedin last evening for dinner. They are great folks and it was a fantastic evening ashore.

It's good to finally meet some of the people we talk with, jab at and debate here on the forum:D.

So I'll throw out my life ring as well.

We're in Tampa, about 30-45 minutes or so from Tarpon Springs, Dunedin, Clearwater and St. Pete's Bayboro. I'm on the road a lot anyway, so anywhere from about Crystal River, or as far south as Bradenton/Sarasota, depending on my work and family schedule, I'm/we're in.:thumb:
(I like to bring the Admiral to be along to check out the boats and talk with those livin' the life).

No boat yet, so we'll be land yachting it:banghead:

OD

"Bumping" this thread, this time with reference to northbound traffic.

Crossing the ICW at about 11:50 AM this morning, I espied two n'bound trawler yachts. Too far way for firm ID, though one might have been an Eagle. (Besides, I was doing 60 mph in traffic, so could only steal a glance now and then).

It's March, and the northern migration appears to be underway. If any cruisers care to meet up around Jacksonville, there are at least a few TFers here who'd be glad to see you.

Will be heading North on the 31st from Fort Myers. Probably near Jacksonville around the 9th.

Ted

Hmmm, wonder how many TF'ers are in the area?

Maybe I could host a little pot luck dinner some weekend...

Back
Top Bottom