Mckinna Yachts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshillam

Guru
Vessel Name
Our Heaven
Vessel Make
1997 4800 Navigator
Looking through the web trying to find information on mid 90's. Still in production. Anything special about these boats? Full fiberglass or cored? Right now looking at a Mckinna and Cranchi as potential next boats. OAs aren't panning out right now. Might wait for a few more to come onto market. But doing some digging in the mean time on these two brands.

My only experience with them is one used to dock next to me in San Diego. Looked nice but every now and then I would get to the boat and the Mckinna would have a severe list towards my boat. It looked like it might lay over onto my finger dock and my boat. Talked to the dock master and he said it had some issue that it would intermittently transfer fuel on it’s own to the port side tank and empty the starboard tank. They moved the boat out of the marina shortly after that so I don’t know the resolution of the problem. If it were my boat doing that it would be my luck to have several hundred gallons of diesel pumped overboard and a huge fine.

There are quite a few of both brands in San Diego. I was in the boat yard this Spring with a McKinna owner and we talked quite a bit. I am not a big fan of either boat, especially the Cranchis. But I have never owned one or spent extensive time on either, so my opinion may not be worth much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom