Marinette 32/37 aft deck and salon dimension info request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NbyNW

Hi All,

Requesting info on the above as potential liveaboard candidates.

Presently I only need room for myself and 2 lazy cats. Plans for the future? Maybe finding a ride-along partner and/or avoiding the "shoulda" bought the bigger model. The main thing I have learned is that while I started out looking at multiple layouts, the one that does it for me is a salon that opens to a rear deck suitable for entertaining/lounging about. I know there is a beam and length difference these 2 candidates, but how does this translate to usable living space?

Per the title, Marinettes in this size seem to be the best fit. Currently exchanging emails with a broker regarding internal dimensions of the salon and aft deck on the sedan bridge models in this size. Hopefully, the broker comes through, but the 1st response to my request was a listing of all of their marinettes. Maybe there will be a follow-up response from said broker, but I'm on a hunt and would like to know any info sooner than later. While patience may be a virtue, I've learned over the years to strike while the iron(or aluminum) is hot!

I've searched many sites, not finding anything yet. Tried a marinette site but the bar for entry requires owning a marionette. So, the reason for my request here.

Thanks for any help!

Mike

Marinettes are a lovely, old "Chris Craft" look alikes. As far as I can remember, they were strictly aluminum construction. Great if you find a fresh water boat, there are still lots of them around. Not so great if they have been in salt for a long time.

The only fault I find with Marinettes is that they are exclusively gassers, unless they have been changed over. Also almost always Chrysler conversions. Not that either thing is always bad but...

The 32 is too small (IMHO) and 37's are hard to find.

But, good luck anyway. When you find a few to choose from send us some pictures and specs and we will make the decision for you.

pete

Thanks Pete,

You're right about fresh water boats as most of the ones I seen online are in the Midwest, with very 37's available. There's 1 in California, but in the description the seller states that the boat was frequently sprayed by the prop wash a CG chopper while he was helping with SAR drills. And the paint looks like it!
As an aside, I have emailed 2 owners on craigslist, besides the broker, asking for this same info. No replies yet. Maybe they don't really want to sell. But I do enjoy the hunt. Thanks again.

Mike

Thanks Pete,

You're right about fresh water boats as most of the ones I seen online are in the Midwest, with very 37's available. There's 1 in California, but in the description the seller states that the boat was frequently sprayed by the prop wash a CG chopper while he was helping with SAR drills. And the paint looks like it!
As an aside, I have emailed 2 owners on craigslist, besides the broker, asking for this same info. No replies yet. Maybe they don't really want to sell. But I do enjoy the hunt. Thanks again.

Mike

Keep in mind that on Craigslist it's common for people to get so much junk replies that only the insistent are responded to. When I sell on Craigslist I purposely ignore people the first time or two they contact me, if they are serious I figure they'll try again. Way too many lookey-loos there to answer every email. I also spell out certain info I want in a response and strictly ignore those that don't supply it in their email. I get good contacts that way and weed out all the scammers and lookey-loos.

My wife fell in love with the looks of the Marionette. There is a 37 that has been sitting on a lift in our canal for several years. I don't believe it has ever moved.

Keep in mind that on Craigslist it's common for people to get so much junk replies that only the insistent are responded to. When I sell on Craigslist I purposely ignore people the first time or two they contact me, if they are serious I figure they'll try again. Way too many lookey-loos there to answer every email. I also spell out certain info I want in a response and strictly ignore those that don't supply it in their email. I get good contacts that way and weed out all the scammers and lookey-loos.

Thanks, sb. Good info as I don't spend much time "trying again". I may with 1 boat just to see the response as the poster has conflicting info in the description. Ultimately, I believe, if it's meant to happen, it will.

My wife fell in love with the looks of the Marionette. There is a 37 that has been sitting on a lift in our canal for several years. I don't believe it has ever moved.

Hopefully someone comes along and rescues it. From what I have found, they are solidly built and generally reliable. I did look at a 32 Express yesterday that was sitting in a storage yard. Definitely a project, but it was complete and if you are handy, would be a nice find for the right person.

if an 32 express is what you want i have one in my driveway . you can have it for what the trailer cost new .definitely a project. the trailer is a 2010 .

if an 32 express is what you want i have one in my driveway . you can have it for what the trailer cost new .definitely a project. the trailer is a 2010 .

I wasn't clear in that post about my reason for looking at this boat. There are very few m's on the west coast. I wanted to get a feel for the build quality and interior dimensions of this size. Although this model is not what I'm looking for, it did convince me that I am on the right path with this brand.

Thanks for the offer though! :thumb:

Dimensions alone are not what I'd consider a reliable way to gauge if the space would work for me. Nothing replaces physically getting onto a boat and feeling how you'd regular negotiate the spaces. Galley and head/shower spaces being two that are highly dependent on how things are laid out much more than just the size of the space.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom