Mariner 35

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FatBear

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
VOLUNTEER
Vessel Make
Hobie Oasis
There's a 2007 Mariner 35 trawler for sale in San Diego that I'm probably going to see tomorrow. I was curious if anyone knows anything about these boats.

Who makes them? Is Mariner the manufacturer's name? I don't seem to find anything about them (other than Mariner sailboats.) Do they have a website?

It seems like a nice boat in the pictures, but that's all I have to go by until I see it. I'm curious if anyone else has one of these. Are they good boats or should I avoid them?

Are there things to look out for? Common problem areas for these models?

How does the price look? Just as a ballpark, of course.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

PS - I might have to change the name to "Ain't". :D

Mariner went out of business in the general timeframe of 2010.

Helmsman Trawlers picked up the business and has been building a reworked version of it since then, and has made a few revisions to the line along the way. They also bought the mold for the Camano 31 and made substantial interior improvements.

You can find Helmsman here:

https://www.helmsmantrawlers.com/helmsman-trawlers/37-sedan-2/

And check out the folder here for a lot of discussion about Helmsman's. Buried in some threads is the Mariner history.

I guess to answer your larger questions.

I can't speak to build quality under Mariner, but I like the boat personally. I like the hull, if you are not looking for express cruiser speeds. Many insist on walk-around decks and this gives you that. A Cummins diesel should be fine if maintained. No reason at all to avoid it, just on the face of it without inspection, if you like what you see. Obviously a survey might tell a tale, but who knows?

I am biased. I am ordering its bigger brother, the Helmsman 38. Same basic hull, expanded a bit.

Back
Top Bottom