Marine Trader 1982 Dc- No engine room blower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geoleo

There is no engine room blower on my 1982 MTDC! there never has been one. I want one! Anyone here added one to this model or type of Taiwan Trawler? Thanks:)

If the boat is diesel you don’t have to have a blower to extract fuel fumes like a gas powered boat. Our diesel boat has a blower that takes air from the top of the engine room to extract heat after shutdown. We have never used it. You have a choice of many bilge blowers, almost any will work just depends on what will fit and what your budget is. You can go from cheaper blowers that will burn out with continuous useage or something high quality like the Delta blowers. There are inline blowers or flange type. Your choice since they don’t even have to be ignition protected in a diesel boat.

My MT has 2 blowers if we have the windows closed and running AC while underway we use one of them the only time we use both is after cruising and then shut down we run them to bring the temp in the ER down

My boat doesn't have a blower either. (Diesel)

As others have noted, engine room blowers are not necessary for diesel engines. And they won't do much good with the engine running since the engine itself sucks more air in than most blowers can suck out.

But if you want one to cool your engine room down quicker then look on Defender for 12V blowers like these: https://search.defender.com/?expression=engine+room+blowers&x=0&y=0

The squirrel cage types are usually more efficient than the in line types. Find a place to place it and hook up a hose to an outside vent you will cut in the hull just below the rub rail. Use a vent cover like this one https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|6880|2290139|2290142&id=1240176. Wire it to a spare breaker on your DC panel.

David

Back
Top Bottom