Marathon to Marco Island Route

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seasalt007

Guru
Vessel Name
Aweigh
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 42
Does anyone have the headings for a route from Marathon to Capri Pass at Marco Island...or the reverse?

I have plotted a course and am wondering how it agrees with others.

Thanks

There is a shoal off southern Marco with a bouy at its western end, be sure to go around that. If you draw 4' you can go inside and avoid the shoal.

Easy trip.

Thanks Bigfish.

I have a route staying just west of the course to the marker at 25.41.30 & 81.38.77.

From there I will start bending northerly staying in sufficient water until I get to Capri Pass. Looks to be about 85 miles from the west side of Marathon.

Some other folks mentioned the Yacht Channel using Channel 5 to cut into the Gulf. That looks a little skinny for my 4.5' draft.

We just did that leg last week from Marathon Yacht Club to Marco Island Yacht Club. 101.2sm, 11 hrs 54 min at 8.5 mph. Approx. 331 T to a point just west of WKPA beacon then a slight right turn approx. 332 T to just south of red 2. Lots of crab/lobster pots strewn all along the first part of the route. Sometimes just 1 at a time. Even saw a very large commercial boat laying/retrieving them. I draw 4.5' also.

Last edited:
I have taken the yacht channel a bunch of time and I draw four feet and never came close to the bottom, just make sure to take the markers correctly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom