Mainship Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsagman

Hello all. I'm new to this forum. Currently have a '87 Cape Dory 28 Open Fish. We're looking for a larger boat for longer cruises. Maybe even the loop. We love the look and layout of the Mainship Pilots. (And the salon cruisers for that matter.) But believe it or not, I'm concerned about how affordable they are. Am I missing something? Is there a problem with them? Any advice appreciated. Also other boat suggestions. Thanks!

Hank
Welcome aboard TF
There are many current & previous MS owners around... myself included. MS are frequently seen looping and are a great choice for economical inland and coastal cruiser. We could certainly buy fancier, more costly and many might argue higher quality cruisers / trawlers but not everyone has the budget for a top of the line trawler.
I know of a very nice MS Pi,ot 30 that I believe is coming on the market in NY but guessing that might be a little small for your plans?

Mainships are are a good solid boat. We looked at a number of brands and kept coming back to MS as it had the options we wanted but was not overly fancy, easy to maintain and handle.

I was asked by a family friend if I wanted a 47’ Selene which was in phenomenal shape, could have bought it through the estate at a steal. It was way more boat than I needed, could likely handle and ultimately maintain as it needed to be. Whoever bought this is a very luck boat owner.

Welcome aboard. Absolutely nothing wrong with Mainships. They are a good solid boat. There are certainly better boats out there but at what cost? Not everyone wants or can afford or even needs a gold plater. That is why they build Chevrolets and Mercedes. We have looked at several Mainships and liked what we saw. But we found a different layout that worked better for us. Good luck in the search and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom