Mainship pilot fuel tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lollygag1

Guru
Vessel Name
Lollygag
Vessel Make
34 Mainship Pilot Hardtop
Does anyone know how to access the sending unit on the fuel tanks. Is there an access panel and if so where is it located.

The fuel tanks on a Pilot 34 are split, port and starboard. The tank level sender is on the top of the tank just underneath the walkway above. It will take someone with monkey arms to reach them

David

On my 07 P34 with twin engines, there is a single tank forward of the engine running across the beam. The sender is on top , aft starboard corner. It is reasonably accessible with enough room above to remove and replace.

Confirmed: I just replaced the fuel sender on my 2003 Mainship Pilot 34 and the sender is located on the aft starboard corner and is designed to have headroom above the sender hole to be able to remove the sender rod. My sender did not go to the bottom of the tank so best to remove the sender and get a measurement before ordering a new one. The sender is mounted with 5 T25 screws so best to mark the position with a marker before removing.

One or two fuel senders for dual helm 2009 MS 34 flybridge

Newbie closing soon on 2009 Mainship 34 flybridge trawler. Upper helm fuel gauge not reading and surveyor thought boat had a single sender unit with a switch somewhere to send signal to upper or lower station. I've seen no such switch nor every heard of a set-up like that.

Anyone know if surveyor is correct, or are there seperate senders for each gauge, or does one sender drive both fuel gauges?

Wondering what were the symptoms that made you think it was the sending unit in the tank. Currently my gauge works to the halfway mark and after that it sticks at halfway. I'm thinking it's a sending unit but I'm not certain.

Wondering what were the symptoms that made you think it was the sending unit in the tank. Currently my gauge works to the halfway mark and after that it sticks at halfway. I'm thinking it's a sending unit but I'm not certain.

My gauge was working fine and as intended. I didn't know the resistive tank sender only drove one helm gauge at a time, so Mainship put a switch marked simply "FUEL" at the lower helm, which switched the signal from lower to upper helm gauge. When not switch as the active gauge, the gauge would read fully to the left (empty).

Back
Top Bottom