Mainship Galley Lights Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KMC

Hello Boater Friends,
I have a 2008 Mainship 34 Trawler recently purchased and I cannot figure out how to turn on the galley lights on the wall Port Side. I've tried the toggle switch at the base of them. I've replaced the bulbs. There has to be a hidden switch somewhere. I have the cabin lights button turned on on the panel. Any ideas? Thank you. Lee

I'm not familiar with the layout of your boat and these particular lights. Did you try turning on all the 12V breakers on the panel and see if may they are tied into something less obvious than "Cabin Lights"? A simple meter should help debug the light sockets/switches to see if you are getting any power, but doesn't sound like it.

Reactions: KMC
My 2008 34HT has 6 switches on the wall below the electrical panel. These operate all the interior & exterior lights... ceiling ( which includes the one over the galley area), puck lights at windows, floor courtesy, aft deck, exterior courtesy lights.
I have none on the wall or with switches on the lights... wondering if PO added something. If so hard to tell where it is tied into for power. Maybe try turning on all 12V breakers?
JPEG_20210702_135000_6885643315865789.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks very much. I am going to turn on all the 12v breakers as suggested. My panel cabinet and switches underneath look exactly like yours. It must have been something the previous owner added. The galley is rather dark so I can see why two lights were added. I will try the suggestion this evening. Thank you both for the responses.

Since we are speaking of lighting, one of the easiest, simplest, and most useful lights I installed is a motion activated, battery-powered light in the head. Open the door in the middle of the night and it comes on. Perfect for nighttime bathroom trips. Batteries last a season+. Sticks on the wall behind the toilet with double sided tape. No wiring of course. Nothing I have done has been easier or more useful I think.

Our galley area was also dark and when heading for bed it was a bit of a pain to have to turn off all lights at that 6 Sw panel. I installed a 12" LED strip or rail light under the cabinet that worked out well. I found a way to run wires /power from the fwd cabin hanging locker to the upper cabinets in the galley. The light has a sw built in so on/off easy from galley.
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--led-interior-rail-light-12-l--12642328?recordNum=22
I also installed an identical light over the head sink / mirror and powered it from the head ceiling fixture so its switched on with other head lights..
JPEG_20210703_084506_7736905400117842948.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom