Magic is Sold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hmason

Guru
Vessel Name
Lucky Lucky
Vessel Make
Pacific Mariner 65
Today I made my last visit to Magic our 1996 Grand Banks Europa 46. She is going to a new home. She was empty of everything we accumulated in 10 years of live aboard. It was kind of bitter sweet. Now we start our new adventure aboard our new to us Pacific Mariner 65. If she treats us as well as Magic we will be very happy.

Just a note, I celebrate my 80th birthday tomorrow. A friend said when you get older you downsize. I replied that when I get older I will. Cheers, Howard

Congrats on your new boat. It should be great!

Congrats, Howard. From all that I have heard, Magic's new owner is lucky-lucky. Meanwhile, your perspective on aging makes sense.

Some time ago a friend's 80 y.o. father took us through his custom 65' aluminum motor cruiser while it was on the hard in the builders' shed, finishing construction. After leading us up several ladders from the shop floor all the way to the top deck, the octogenarian skipper looked around thoughtfully and commented, 'She's not as big as I could have built her, but this is just about all I need right now."

Yep, I thought. Hope I feel the same way at 80.

Thank Blissboat, that’s great to hear. Maybe I’m not craZy after all.

Congrats on sale, and enjoy your new boat.

IMO you are as old as your attitude, and its the 30 yo geriatrics that disappoint most!

Greetings,
Mr. hm.

iu

“Just a note, I celebrate my 80th birthday tomorrow. A friend said when you get older you downsize. I replied that when I get older I will.”
Atta boy!

Howard,
Sorry I missed you guys last week. Congratulations on the closing of Magic! Happy birthday! Once you're over the hill, you start to pick up speed. :rolleyes: In your case, Lucky Lucky should accomplish that nicely.

Ted

Today I made my last visit to Magic our 1996 Grand Banks Europa 46. She is going to a new home. She was empty of everything we accumulated in 10 years of live aboard. It was kind of bitter sweet. Now we start our new adventure aboard our new to us Pacific Mariner 65. If she treats us as well as Magic we will be very happy.

Just a note, I celebrate my 80th birthday tomorrow. A friend said when you get older you downsize. I replied that when I get older I will. Cheers, Howard

I love this. Tremendous perspective. Thanks for sharing and all the best with the new adventures.

Happy birthday.
Have many more healthy and happy birthdays

Thanks to all for the good wishes. Let the upgrades and repairs begin.

Wifey B: Love the PM 65. We weren't happy at all when Westport stopped producing it and then the 85. I'm not normally sentimental when it comes to material things but Orin Edson and William Garden and even Daryl Wakefield from vision to design to production achieved such levels. We have a captain whose first sole position was for a grandfather on a 65 and nothing but great things to say about it. Here's hoping you will be as pleased as I expect. :D:D:D

Wifey B, I have spent a lot of time researching the brand and have spoken to a few owners. Oddly, I have not found a single negative remark. Could I have found the “perfect” boat? Time will tell. BTW, she has the CAT 3406e engines which also get great reviews.

You are in inspiration, congratulations and good luck with your PM65!

Wifey B, I have spent a lot of time researching the brand and have spoken to a few owners. Oddly, I have not found a single negative remark. Could I have found the “perfect” boat? Time will tell. BTW, she has the CAT 3406e engines which also get great reviews.

Wifey B: Hubby still occasionally lapses into dreams of a boat brand built in the US upon the history of the Bayliner Pilothouse models and the Pacific Mariner 65 and 85 with some updates but the same principles of design, even a protégé of William Garden who had done a work up for us of a 65 designed for the loop. European builders are finally filling in the void of those size ranges. :)

The salty old dog I bought Broadbill from is 85 and has 52 ft steel full displacement beauty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom