looks like Canada cancelled all nexus appointments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We both just got approved for Global Entry. Mainly for flying, but wonder if it will help for marine entry?? We have special cards!!!

Must say some nice things about US border guys.
We were clearing customs at the airport and I could tell this guy was a newb the way the other two observed him before it was my turn. Got the wand and then the pat down. Then have a seat and take off the shoes. (I have Nexus) I knew he was going through the motions. So he proceeds to feel, not pat my foot, going so far as a gentle massage.

He then stops and starts to get up from one knee and I said wait, you missed a spot. That felt good, can you do it some more. He was shocked but the other two guys could not hold the laughter back.

The other 2 guys were laughing, really? I would think you would have been afforded further scrutiny for mocking a fellow officer. The last time I crossed the Canadian border was in the 70's, Detroit - Windsor. Actually crossed it dozens of times in my younger years. The border officers were always the epitome of professionalism on both sides of the border. Must be a union shop now. Your recount makes me shake my head.

I have global entry for many years. My NEXUS has been pending for months. Not canceled though.

Lots of us use Nexus. It gets you thru airports quicker, and best part is usually when crossing border by boat, it is just a phone call, both ways, no stopping, as long as all people on board have the card.

Some Nexus cards are renewed by mail, some need interview. I needed interview, wife did not. No explanation. 3 hour car ride for 5 minute interview and thump printing.

Interviews were closed for over a year, then briefly opened, then closed again for Omicron concerns.

Last edited:
I have an appointment for a Nexus interview at the end of March. After reading your posts I checked on-line and I still have my interview scheduled. There was no post regarding canceling upcoming interviews.

One thing to be aware of if thinking of applying for Nexus is that the application will stall renewal of any other rapid entry creditation. For example Global Entry.

I was a Global Entry holder and applied for Nexus. There were no interviews obviously for two years so my Nexus app just sat there. In the meantime my Global Entry was coming up for expiry.

I was unable to renew Global Entry because of the pending Nexus application. This was verified in several lengthy discussions with CBP.

Ultimately in order to renew my Global Entry prior to its expiry I had to withdraw my Nexus application (and forfeit the application fee).

Once I had completed that, the online tool allowed me to renew Global Entry.

~A

AlanT How is Global entry different. I was wondering why there were different plans when Nexus covers air sea and land

AlanT How is Global entry different. I was wondering why there were different plans when Nexus covers air sea and land

Nexus is $50 every 5 years. GLobal Entry is $100 every 5 years. Nexus gives entry to US only from Canada, whereas Global Entry applies to arrivals from all Countries.
~A

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom