looking for a trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
didn't some Marine Trader boats have fiberglass fuel tanks, which are not compatible with ethanol gasoline. I would imagine they've all been upgraded by now but that would be my first question.

didn't some Marine Trader boats have fiberglass fuel tanks, which are not compatible with ethanol gasoline. I would imagine they've all been upgraded by now but that would be my first question.
I had MT 34 and had metal tanks. My 36 GS have fiberglass fuel tank build into boat. I never heard of a MT with a gas engine.

To be quite honest, on survey the fuel tanks were not visible. I am assuming mine are original and have set aside a fund should they ever fail. Knock on wood, they are fine. I do not know of any mt gasoline engines. Mine is diesel.

I remember reading either a book or a blog about a couple doing the Loop with a MT trawler. They had to replace the built-in tanks because they disintegrated. Might have been diesel but I've never heard of that happening with diesel, just gas.

Back
Top Bottom