Looking for a part for older Norcold fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barrie

Vessel Name
GYPSY
Vessel Make
Mariner 37 PH aka Helmsman 38
I have a Norcold fridge model DE/EV0061 and need a Power Supply part 163011300. Norcold don't have one and their dealer service network are all RV dealers so they don't understand AC/DC. So no help trying to MacGyver something.
Does anyone know of a "bone yard" for old fridges where I might get a used replacement part? Searching the world here! :thumb:
(a schematic drawing would be nice)
Many thanks
Barrie

You might be able to find DC power supply to fit. My NorCold is 12vt only so maybe you can hunt that way???

We got rid of the Nevercold and got an Isotherm. Absolutely love the Isotherm. Cools extremely well.

The are people on the internet that repair circuit boards, power supply, etc.
I've fixed a washer & stove that way. Don't remember who I used, but there's several.

Do a search.

Rv dealers should understand ac/dc. Try park power and battery power. RVs and cruisers are very similar electrically when it comes to refrigeration.

We got rid of the Nevercold and got an Isotherm. Absolutely love the Isotherm. Cools extremely well.

I am afraid the Isotherm is too large for the allotted space on the AT34. SIGH

+++++++need a Power Supply part 163011300.++++++++

What specifically is the part? A capacitor, a transistor. Many of those parts will show the actual number , not the part number of the fridge mfgr but the electronic part number.

As far as board repairs there are two name below that I know from others responses that can repair boards such as this. No personal experience
although when I was RVing Flight sytems was a common name when RVers had trouble.

https://www.flightsystems.com/
https://www.acsindustrial.com/printed-circuit-board-repair-2.php
https://circuitboardmedics.com/

Thank you all for your feed back. I will follow up with the links given. The part number i posted is the actual part needed. I have gone to several of the suggested RV after market shops and they only have AC/propane servicing. AC/DC is like a foreign language. Mine is an older 24 volt fridge connected to a 12 volt system. The defective power controller must do some fancy dancing to make it all work. Newer fridges are all 12 volt now according to Norcold.
Cheers
Barrie

If you ever get to the point where you don't want to chase Norcold parts and repairs anymore and you're considering a 110v replacement using an inverter, LG's 7 (6.9) cubic foot, single door fridge is almost the same dimensions as the Norcold 061/old 461's. We made that switch last year and now I regret all the time and effort and money I spent keeping that Norcold alive. Dimensions were so close I just needed some new trim pieces around the cabinet. Got it on special at Home Depot for $400, not including the cost of the single-purpose inverter.

It would be an expensive experiment, but I think the p/n 640291 will work, just may have physical differences. Old model used a 110 to 12V converter separate from the compressor driver, while this one has both AC and DC (12or 24V) inputs integrated.

I have a newer version of your unit, so sorry I can't help with specifics, but I did successfully replace the power supply on my unit. As EngNate says, it felt like a bit of an expensive gamble.

My breakthrough came when I realized that Norcold uses the same off-the-shelf compressors and controllers as everyone else. I searched for compressor support documentation, and that led to the control vendor, and i was pretty confident before ordering the $120 unit which had a different p/n from the original.

Thank you for this. Very pricey. 1/3 of buying a new fridge. Let me mull over it.

Jeff do you still have the vendor name? I tried searching compressor support documentation, but came up empty.
Thanks
Barrie

Jeff do you still have the vendor name? I tried searching compressor support documentation, but came up empty.

Thanks

Barrie
Secop IIRC.

Norcold frig fixed

For all those TF fans who learn a lot here is one for you to log. The short story:
The frig fan was not working due to low voltage.
I decided the power converter needed replacement and went on the hunt. No luck. Old frig.
Had a (new to me ) electrician doing some work this weekend and he found an unconnected ground wire lying in the bottom of the control panel. He hooked it up and my frig problem went away.
It seems the electrician who installed my new house battery bank over a year ago, hooked a ground wire up to the AC side instead of the DC side. Spent $1000 on him.
Lesson learned: when the gremlins show up there is a simple solution somewhere to be found.
Barrie

In a DC circuit, a ground is just as important as the hot side.

And for everyone looking for a connection, clean and tight is the condition you seek.

One last thought, many appliances have a wiring diagram on a sticker affixed to the appliance. That can be a very useful piece of information.

Last edited:
Lesson learned: when the gremlins show up there is a simple solution somewhere to be found.
Trouble is it won't be found QUICKLY. Been there, done that.

Glad you found it finally.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom