Looking for a Marathon Marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishpcb

Hello,
I will be heading down to the keys in a couple of weeks to stay for a few months. I had a place to rent from a friend but a boat deal didn't happen so my spot is taken. I was going to rent his slip in Coco Plum when his boat sold but it didn't happen. Now I'm checking around the different marina's to see what's out there. I need it to be safe because I will be leaving it for a few weeks at a time.
I would like to be anywhere from Islamorada to Marathon. It would be nice to be walking distance to most stores and shops. I will have a car down but prefer to walk.
Some marina's have been nice to talk with whiles others don't have the time to speak. I know someone here has stayed at all of them over the years.
Thanks

Faro Blacho Resort is amazing. We were just there. Had a wonderful time. Beautiful facility. It's in Marathon on the Gulf side just North of the 7 Mile Bridge.

faro blacho resort is amazing. We were just there. Had a wonderful time. Beautiful facility. It's in marathon on the gulf side just north of the 7 mile bridge.

IMG_0143.JPGIMG_0132.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 347
Faro Blacho Resort is amazing. We were just there. Had a wonderful time. Beautiful facility. It's in Marathon on the Gulf side just North of the 7 Mile Bridge.

I like Faro Blacho. I've stayed at the Hyatt Place Hotel many times and alway spend my time at the marina.

Hello,

I will be heading down to the keys in a couple of weeks to stay for a few months. I had a place to rent from a friend but a boat deal didn't happen so my spot is taken. I was going to rent his slip in Coco Plum when his boat sold but it didn't happen. Now I'm checking around the different marina's to see what's out there. I need it to be safe because I will be leaving it for a few weeks at a time.

I would like to be anywhere from Islamorada to Marathon. It would be nice to be walking distance to most stores and shops. I will have a car down but prefer to walk.

Some marina's have been nice to talk with whiles others don't have the time to speak. I know someone here has stayed at all of them over the years.

Thanks

We live in Marathon, aboard our Krogen Manatee at Harbour Cay Club. Check this out at HarbourCayClub.org
We have shopping within walking and bicycle distances. Also, check this out on Active Captain. A very friendly and helpful group here.
We are just west of Faro Blanco, but not so pricey.

We live in Marathon, aboard our Krogen Manatee at Harbour Cay Club. Check this out at HarbourCayClub.org
We have shopping within walking and bicycle distances. Also, check this out on Active Captain. A very friendly and helpful group here.
We are just west of Faro Blanco, but not so pricey.

I have emailed the dock captain there a couple of times but no response. I even tried calling but no answer.
If you have a contact I would love to talk with someone.

I have emailed the dock captain there a couple of times but no response. I even tried calling but no answer.
If you have a contact I would love to talk with someone.

Use the number on the Harbour Cay Club website and give it another try.

I will. I left a couple voicemails but will keep trying.
Are any slips for rent right now?

Is there a cable across part of the marina? From the pics it looks like you have to open a cable or something to get in that part of the marina

We go down to Marathon each winter for the past 10 years. We have stayed at Sombrero Dockside all these years. It is certainly much less expensive than Faro Blanco, but doesn't have much in the same way of amenities. It is close to Publix, K-Mart, Walgreens, etc. And Dockside bar/restaurant .
Marathon Marina is very nice as well with pool, clean showers and Lazydays Restaurant.

Good luck and enjoy your stay,

Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
Mariner 40

Demopolis, AL

How safe is sombrero when you are not on the boat? I will be away for a few weeks at a time.

We stay at white marlin marina

Attachments

• 20160418_131130.jpg
    20160418_131130.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 20160419_081751.jpg
    20160419_081751.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 69
What I've found so far with availability.
Sombrero Marina $17.10 per ft.
White Marlin $23.0
Faro Blanco $29.00
Marathon Marina waiting on call back.

In 2009 I kept my boat at Keys Fisheries Marina for $10 per foot per month, as far as I recall. I heard that since then they stopped allowing liveaboards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom