Looking for a different layout . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dogwood

as I currently own a Rosborough 246 and although I really enjoy the boat we like to entertain a bit and the rear deck is frankly too small. Would like some suggestions for a small trawler/pilot house boat with a larger open deck. Mainship Pilot 30 comes to mind but would appreciate other suggestions.

Thank you!

We wanted more outside covered space when we were looking . Our outside aft deck is about 11' x 13 '. We love the covered space but now would like this and more living space . It's all a trade off .

Attachments

• IMG_2914.jpg
    IMG_2914.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 112
Beautiful boat! Very nice aft deck size IMO. Not heard of that make; how did you come by her?

The IG 32 Europa satisfies our desire for covered open aft deck space, plus open deck space on the fly bridge partially covered by bimini.

With deck chairs and YETI with seat cushion we can seat 5 comfortably in cockpit. On bridge up to 7-8 (at anchor/mooring).

Attachments

• Stern.jpg
    Stern.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 96
Modified 32’ Grand Banks

IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

Sorry should have been more specific. Needs to be under 30' and no greater than a 9' beam.

There's a beautiful Atlas Acadia 25 with a 110 hp Yanmar for sale in MI but I'm not sure how noisy a diesel would be in that configuration. Have yet to sea trial it as it is 4 hours away. Any thoughts?

There are lots of lobster type boats with large open decks if that is all you need but if cabin space is required as well, it may be a tall order in an under 30' boat. We can seat 8 comfortably in our, now covered and enclosed, cockpit but at 33'. Good luck with your search.

Look at this one 1988 30 ' ELCO Launch on YW in Fla.
Sweet boat

Attachments

• IMG_3384.jpg
    IMG_3384.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 72
Those old Elko's are sweet Marty.

My old Owens had a great "indoor/outdoor" balance, about a 40-60 split that worked great. The "back porch" is where we always wanted to be anyway. A guy had the twin to my old boat for sale in Puget Sound area on a custom built aluminum trailer. Under 30' but almost 10' wide. Chris Craft and a couple others come to mind as great options.

Bayliner Trophy series is under 30' and has an awesome cockpit too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom