Looking to crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Midshipman

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Nord Havn
Vessel Make
Terry Kimmel GB Dragonfly, thank you for your kindness, mentorship and friendship. Your fine character is a class act:thumb:

Hi to all, I am a newbee hence the user name Midshipman...toddler just seemed, well you get the point. If Midshipman is not in line with my intended use (newbee in training), I can change it to Newbee. The plan is to transition my name with experience. We'll see how this all works out.

I am landlocked in Columbia SC, no boat, but with tremendous calling to seamanship. I have helped the Admiral raise our wonderful family, 2-sons, +daughter inlaws, and grandaugter. Having rounded 50 +/- 1-2yrs, I hope to embark on this journey, by all account that I can determine, engauges me on so many levels - best described by all your heart felt passion and expertise in the many post and blogs.

Looking to link up with somebody with a trawler greater Charleston, Cooper-river or Lake Murray area that can use some company. bhans84555@aol.com

Many years ago, when I was in the navy and moving around a lot, I used to post ads with my boating resume volunteering to crew boats in marinas. I was never disappointed and got many offers, some which I was able to accept.

Even if you do not have a lot of boating experience, you may have other attributes you can use. Can you cook, clean, do brightwork or make an outstanding old fashioned or margarita?

Hi
If you were in Toronto Ontario we could talk. I have a 38 Ocean Alexander trawler

I imagine sail boaters will have more need for crew than motor boaters. Sailboats often involve more work when underway (ropes to pull and let out), even if nothing more than moveable ballast.

Some of me's talents

Lets give it a go...here are some of me's attributes & skills ~ Enthusiasm, agility, tinker-er, not shy to hard work, easily pick up complex task, can cook, open to tackling bright work.

And if needed, I am a Physician Assistant.

Thanks for your helpful forward-looking insight.

Gorgeous vessel...everyday I a amazed and surprised to see or read or find a new trawlers like yours. What helped you decide on the Alexander? Have you sailed before trawlers? Do you have to put your boat on the dry in winter there?

Mr. Midshipman,

You are more than welcome to come out on my boat. I am in N Myrtle Beach so I’m not sure if that’s within your travel limits. I’m still working on the boat and hope to get out of here for a while in March.

I will probably be able to take you out for a spin late spring or early summer.
I’m hoping to talk the other local TF scoundrels into having a raft-up somewhere in the Waccamaw River area this summer.

If that sounds ok with you, PM me. KJ

Midship man
I sailed a 36 Jeanneu for 20 yrs took it from Canada to the Bahamas north to the North channel all over the inland waters in Ont lake Ont ,Erie Huron Georgian bay etc I bought th Ocean Alexander 6 yrs ago][the admiral wanted something more comfortable} I still prefer the sailboat but I had to comprimise if we were to stay in boating . The vessel is now on the hard for the winter.
Good luck in finding you prize ship there are many to choose from
TC Bert

I’m hoping to talk the other local TF scoundrels into having a raft-up somewhere in the Waccamaw River area this summer. KJ[/QUOTE

slight hi-jack-:flowers:

I lived there (Pawley's Island) briefly a decade or so back, if things haven't changed, there is an area called the Gold Island/Mountain/Beach or some such, where I never had any shortage of easily made friends. I hope to get backup that way again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom