Look what I found in Nassau

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[/ATTACH]We were fueling up at Hurricane Hole to other day on our way to Puerto Rico and I looked over at one of the fuel pumps and saw this.

Last edited:
Is it purposely at right angles or did you notice it after waking up outside a bar? :D

Just kidding.... I'm sure you are better than that after seeing your resume' of training...I know I got my best practice leaving bars in places I've been to some kind of training...:thumb:

Not sure why these pictures are rotating? I took them with the phone vertical. :banghead:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 158
Did you or someone spill rum on the phone?

but if I'm in Nassau...I'll only recognize them the way CaptBill11 posted them....:eek:

I'd enjoy reading about your trip down to P.R. would you mind posting some updates from time to time on the voyagers section of the forum?
thanks

I'd enjoy reading about your trip down to P.R. would you mind posting some updates from time to time on the voyagers section of the forum?
thanks

Sure. But not much to tell. It was a uneventful straight delivery. Other than issues with the Tides shaft seals at the start, we went Ft. Lauderdale to Nassau just for fuel, then straight from Nassau to Palmas del Mar on the East coast of PR. The boat goes to St. Martin tomorrow but I have to get off here in PR. It's an 87' Johnson we were cruising at 9.5 - 11.5 knots burning between 30 - 40 GPH. And we had perfect weather most of the way.

Thanks Bill! That's a reall pretty sticker. I wonder why that anchor is stuck through the wheel?

Oh damn, I said the word anchor. Here we go again.

Hopkins Carter sticker, huh? Just another indication of how desperate things are getting in the islands!:hide:

As many shipments as Parks has to the Islands, he ought to have his own Air Freight division.

Thanks Bill! That's a reall pretty sticker. I wonder why that anchor is stuck through the wheel?

Hey Parks. I'll bite? Why IS the anchor through the wheel???

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

thanks

I should have asked before. Is there anything in particular you are interested in about that trip? I have done it in a more leisurely manor.

"Hey Parks. I'll bite�� Why IS the anchor through the wheel???"
I was kinda hoping you guys would tell me. We've been using that logo since long before I was born.

"To keep it from driving ye nuts?"
Sounds like as good a reason as any.

How about a squirrel in the wheel?? What could that mean?? (on Patricia Louise earlier today)
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413047830.899710.jpg

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Rescue squirrel the wife found about two months ago. Her new "baby".

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

I had a squirrel take up winter residence in my flats boat a few years back, which lives under a carport in our yard. By the time I caught it it had eaten through 4 commercial pfds, two custom seat cushions and a good bit of wiring. I pinned him in a corner and killed him with a whack from the first thing that I could put my hand on, the fire extinguisher that lives under the console.

It dented the extinguisher and chipped the gel coat.

I'm sure yours in a nice squirrel though, and he is cute. :)

Last edited:
Thanks Doug for sharing that wonderful story?. I'm not sure how this story will end- but it could possibly be just like that. In the meanwhile, it hasn't been too bad.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

They do like wiring. I worked in an avionics lab and some people in the office area next to our lab thought it was cute to feed one. It became so tame that they would let it in the office. One day it found it's way through the ceiling tile and over to our lab. The alarms went off one night so I had to go in and check it out. The critter did over $30,000 in damage to wiring harnesses in the lab. The previous week were having all kinds of unexplained failures. Thanks to the little critter.
I think they are cute looking too but they have done far to much damage in my area.
Good luck with the guy...

Back
Top Bottom