Lofrans Tigres Solenoid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigfish

Vessel Name
My Lady
Vessel Make
Formosa 42 Double Cabin
Can't find a replacement. Any ideas? Switch on flybridge was intermittent with loose connections but foot switches worked fine.. Today switch on flybridge again was intermittent but foot switches worked.. Then both stopped working.. Panel says battery is good.. Solenoid???
Thanks!
I looked online with no clear part reference, source, or price

Is that the 3 or 4 post solenoid?

Either way..... just Google Lofrans Tigress Solenoid and I got multiple hits from ebay to small suppliers to West Marine.

Why would you need a four post over a three post??

Got one for my Tigres from Defender, five years ago. SO-PAC watertight control box SPA 10-700. $135.

Search on defender turned up nothing but thanks... Was yours a three wire motor??

I have a Tigress
My windlass powers up and down.
I have 2 solenoids.
I have replaced them about every 10 years, so am on the 3rd iteration, or is it 4?
Mine came from the local Auto Parts store, not special at all, and also cheap. They might not have needed replacing that often, but the harsh environment they live in, in the wet anchor locker, tends to rot the connectors within 10 years, so I have just hauled it all out and redone it several times. This year I did the FB switch, as it was down to only raising. Now it also lowers.
For solenoids you need the continuous rating, as lifting a few hundred feet of rode takes a while.

Three wires, 1200 W, 20 years old

Thanks!

Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom