A little boat visit video...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Guru
My wife makes videos of events in our lives. Today we visited our soon to be completed American Tug while our electronics guy was working on it inside the factory. Here is her little video...
Bruce

https://youtu.be/V0WRrcE0Inw

Bruce, it looks like the video can't be loaded from YouTube.fr

Attachments

• IMG_2757.jpg
    IMG_2757.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 120
Bruce, it looks like the video can't be loaded from YouTube.fr

Olivier,
You appear to be running into a YouTube music copyright issue...
It is common with video uploaded to YouTube when there is music involved.
Nothing that I know to get beyond this except to watch it from a computer while in a different country, sorry.
Bruce

What a gorgeous vessel. Absolutely beautiful

Very nice video! Is that open spot in the galley for the microwave? ;) Noticed no zinc on the prop shaft. Are you bonding through the hull anode? Is that some type of line cutter just forward of the prop?

Ted

Looking wonderful! Just add water.

You are a lucky man, to have a wife who is involved and to have such a beautiful boat!

Wow! Really Nice Boat / Cool Video. Wife deserves big kiss!! You both deserve much boating!

Bravo!
She's really smooth w the vid.
I love the hull and bottom color.
The mother of all props to be sure.

Last edited:
Very nice video! Is that open spot in the galley for the microwave? ;) Noticed no zinc on the prop shaft. Are you bonding through the hull anode? Is that some type of line cutter just forward of the prop?

Ted

The prop shaft does have a very interesting device that I suspect is manufactured by Tomco but I'm not certain... I will ask.
Yes that gnarly, toothy thing is the cutter they recommend. It appears as though it may work...I'm sure that in our home waters, we will find out.
Bruce

Looking wonderful! Just add water.

You are a lucky man, to have a wife who is involved and to have such a beautiful boat!

Wow! Really Nice Boat / Cool Video. Wife deserves big kiss!! You both deserve much boating!

Thank you, I am lucky and I am very, very aware of that!
My wife is a boater, that is how I met her. She deserves and gets all of my respect and admiration...
Bruce

Bravo!
She's really smooth w the vid.
I love the hull and bottom color.
The mother of all props to be sure.

Every time I see the boat, that color makes me happy that we chose it. We felt that the design needed a color on the hull but were dead set against a dark color having owned a dark colored hull in the past. I think this is a great compromise.
We were a little unsure about the red bottom but we actually like it too.

Yes, that is the mother of all propellers. It is a Veem, Veemstar and the first time we ding it I am going to cry! The one thing that surprised me was that this beautiful 28" propeller costs about what our sailboats last folding propeller did!
I would have guessed the larger size was more expensive. Aparrently propellers are not sold by the pound...

Finally, there is a reason she is so smooth with the video. She has a DJI Osmo gyro stabilizer device that holds her iPhone when she uses it for video.
Obviously it works...
Bruce

Really nice boat you guys. Great job with the video too. Can we expect more boating video's in the future?

My wife makes videos of events in our lives. Today we visited our soon to be completed American Tug while our electronics guy was working on it inside the factory. Here is her little video...
Bruce

https://youtu.be/V0WRrcE0Inw

Hi Bruce

I've watched that vid at least three times with some back and forth... especially to view her bottom/prop/rudder/keel.

Please provide mfg stats regarding recommended cruise speed as well as WOT speed.

TY!

Art

Hi Bruce

I've watched that vid at least three times with some back and forth... especially to view her bottom/prop/rudder/keel.

Please provide mfg stats regarding recommended cruise speed as well as WOT speed.

TY!

Art

Art,

The best I can do is site a couple previous 395's data. Those boats both topped out at 21 to 22 knots with 5.9 liter 480 hp engines. Our boat will be the first delivered with the 480 hp 6.7 liter Cummins. I have no idea how the additional torque this engine makes will effect performance.

As for recommended cruise, I think that these hulls are quite nice in the 8 to 10 knot range from what we have seen when aboard. We wanted the higher output for those times when we wanted to get moving.
Extrapolating data from the 5.9 liter performance charts, it appears that the boat can run at about 17 knots when the engine is 300 to 400 rpm's below the redline.

Of course we will know more soon!
Bruce

Olivier, and anyone who might not be able to access the video on YouTube, I have also posted it on Vimeo. Try this:

https://vimeo.com/210263052

-Dorsey

Dorsey & Bruce

Many thanks for your kindness, we apologize for the inconvenience!

Good job Dorsey, How very nice to visit by video your new yacht almost ready to splash, she is a great vessel which will bring you whole satisfaction and pleasure at sea, you both are very lucky. Thanks much for sharing the video.

Olivier and Pilou

Speechless. Beautiful!

Art,

The best I can do is site a couple previous 395's data. Those boats both topped out at 21 to 22 knots with 5.9 liter 480 hp engines. Our boat will be the first delivered with the 480 hp 6.7 liter Cummins. I have no idea how the additional torque this engine makes will effect performance.

As for recommended cruise, I think that these hulls are quite nice in the 8 to 10 knot range from what we have seen when aboard. We wanted the higher output for those times when we wanted to get moving.
Extrapolating data from the 5.9 liter performance charts, it appears that the boat can run at about 17 knots when the engine is 300 to 400 rpm's below the redline.

Of course we will know more soon!

Bruce

Thanks Bruce!

Beautiful boat and great vid! Thanks for sharing it. Do you have a dinghy and total weight in mind for that bruiser of a davit up top?

Beautiful boat and great vid! Thanks for sharing it. Do you have a dinghy and total weight in mind for that bruiser of a davit up top?

For now we will use our Trinka 10 hard dinghy.
It is probably in the 200 pound range...
Actually for our shakedown cruise we brought our 9 year old, almost unused PVC inflatable.
Later, when we loop, we will purchase a RIB of some kind...
Bruce

Beautiful boat. I have a serious case of boat envy! I bet that prop will be whisper quiet.

They really do shrink when they go in the water. The video makes it look huuuge!

It is. I believe that the overall length including bow roller and swim platform is 41'6".
��
Bruce

Don't tell the Dock Master re OAL. No need to pay for xtra 2'1" feet for permanent berth. DM might be out with tape measure anyway!

Back
Top Bottom