Lehman 120 raw waterpump stuck in housing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiwibloke

Hi all I am in the process of changing my raw water pump how it is stuck tight in the housing and am not sure how much force I should use to loosen it any help would be grateful cheers.

Are you discussing the impeller stuck in the housing or the whole pump stuck to the gear housing?

Tap lightly side to side...if no go...may try putting a breaker bar on the crank pully nut and rock it a little/gently while pulling on the pump.

Ok thanks for that I will try the breaker bar on the front pulley with hope but this thing is stuck hard for one reason or another cheers for your input.

Last edited:
Did you break the housing free (gasket, sealant) and just the gear is stuck?

+1 to check the fasteners. Look at a replacement one to double check how many there are b-4 using force.

Sorry my replies have been going to my spam folder apologies
To update i am no further ahead as the force required to shift the pump was scaring me so I bolted it back together and all is working fine I shall have another go at a later date when I have a new Johnson pump in hand as I was initially only replacing the impeller it would appear to me that the pump is very tight in the actual housing .
Is there anybody that can advise me where to obtain a new pump i am in Australia cheers.

Back
Top Bottom