Lehman 120 - Paragon P200 P23L Transmission Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hobbystuff

Vessel Name
Waves of Grace
Vessel Make
Universal 36
Good Evening:

I know this is a Trawler audience, but I have a good friend who is currently in Panama on his Transpac 49 (which is a sailboat). The boat has a Lehman 120 in it, with a Paragon P200 P23L Transmission, and reverse gear has failed.

Prior to this, he was a trawler guy for 40 years, so I give him the benefit of the doubt! I almost suggested that sailboats don't need reverse gear, but he may disagree.

I figure that with the knowledge on this forum with similar drive trains, someone here might have advice on where he might locate a rebuilt transmission of the same make and model.

My understanding is that particular transmission has a vertical offset between the flywheel and the shaft, which makes it difficult to source a different make/model.

A long shot for sure, but I thought I would ask.

Before he does anything desperate, just make sure he has not left the Paragon tranny filler bolt only partly screwed in. If it is not properly 'home' reverse does not work. It is tempting to do that if topping up and not sure how much, as it looks like it would be ok to just screw it back in part way. Ask me how I know... :D

paragon p331 available rebuilt and never installed located in eastern tennessee. 423-418-3483 if interested.

Back
Top Bottom