Old 11-29-2022, 07:24 PM   #1

City: Victoria, BC
Vessel Name: Waves of Grace
Vessel Model: Universal 36
Lehman 120 - Paragon P200 P23L Transmission Needed

Good Evening:

I know this is a Trawler audience, but I have a good friend who is currently in Panama on his Transpac 49 (which is a sailboat). The boat has a Lehman 120 in it, with a Paragon P200 P23L Transmission, and reverse gear has failed.

Prior to this, he was a trawler guy for 40 years, so I give him the benefit of the doubt! I almost suggested that sailboats don't need reverse gear, but he may disagree.

I figure that with the knowledge on this forum with similar drive trains, someone here might have advice on where he might locate a rebuilt transmission of the same make and model.

My understanding is that particular transmission has a vertical offset between the flywheel and the shaft, which makes it difficult to source a different make/model.

A long shot for sure, but I thought I would ask.
hobbystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:07 PM   #2
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Before he does anything desperate, just make sure he has not left the Paragon tranny filler bolt only partly screwed in. If it is not properly 'home' reverse does not work. It is tempting to do that if topping up and not sure how much, as it looks like it would be ok to just screw it back in part way. Ask me how I know...
Old 11-30-2022, 12:21 AM   #3

City: Bellevue
Vessel Name: Rascal
Vessel Model: Homemade
Ran into a no reverse situation this summer on my buddy's boat with a Paragon tranny(different model from your friend). Turned out to be a fork/lever that was easy to replace. Thread below has background and good source for parts in Washington State.

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/...rse-64723.html
RedRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 08:13 AM   #4

paragon p331 available rebuilt and never installed located in eastern tennessee. 423-418-3483 if interested.
appdiver is offline   Reply With Quote