Leaving boat in FL over the summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I paid sales tax.

Then you're golden, just your annual registration like me, I so hated to write that check as I paid separate from the boat purchase. But I sleep better at night my friend.

I have a friend who is way out of compliance and is working with an attorney ant the state to see if he can get amnesty and forgo some/all of the fine and get current as he did not know he owed tax's on his boat when he purchased it (and listed it's hailing port as Dover DE. even though he nor his boat were ever there) over two years ago.

Look into a sojourner registration for a year. I think you qualify and it is at $3.00 / ft. You can also get for two years at a higher price. This all per tina at the Naussa tax office in Fl. I spoke with her last week. I am having similar issues but my circumstances are different than yours. I do know I have been told the laws are changing fast in Fl and knowbody completely understands them.
Good Luck

:horse:

I just tripped over my own thread ... :facepalm:

After living here for almost 2 months and talking the people who do this year after year... faggettaboutit... nobody checks to see if your boat is outstaying it's welcome. :hide: Come back next year and spend your $$$.

Dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom