Le Bon Temps Roule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alan W Waters

Wasn't sure where to put this one. My late father in law, John Claiborne, lived aboard this boat in the 80's. The owner, the late Billy Monteleone, also owned the Monteleone Hotel in New Orleans. John and Billy were childhood friends going through middle school and high school together. Both were avid hunters and fishermen. The current boat does not show it but at the time Billy owned the boat it had three outboard boats stored on the top. Billy, John, and a cook from the hotel would take the boat south to Grand Isle to fish. Each had his own skiff and would fish by themselves. The cook cleaned and cooked the fish and got paid to do so as far as I know. [What a deal huh?]

I was only on board once, maybe twice as we lived 500 miles away. John told me at one time it was estimated to cost 7 million dollars to build the boat in the 80's.

Realizing the current owners may be on this forum let me say, I enjoyed being on your boat.

Regards to all, Alan Waters

lbtr

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

I read and article about this boat recently, maybe this or another forum, or boating magazine.
It sure looks good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom