Launch Day 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TDunn

Guru
Vessel Name
Tortuga
Vessel Make
Nunes Brothers Raised Deck Cruiser
Here in Maine we haul our boats out in the Fall and the relaunch in the Spring. Yesterday was THE DAY for my 1936 wooden cruiser Tortuga. Since Tortuga is a woodie I repaint the boat every year and varnish the mahogany cabin house. The boat is launched with a hydraulic trailer. You can see this year's launch in the video.

Thank you for sharing your video; I enjoyed it. That was a brilliant idea to soak the bilge before launch.

Thanks for sharing. I've always admired your boat and your work on her , beautiful. Sailboat looks nice also .

Beautiful vessel! She looks well-loved.

Thanks for posting the video.

Interesting comment about swelling the planks by filling the inside with water. I was going to ask how you launch her from a trailer without swelling, but you ended up addressing it later in the video.

That is a cool idea. Beautiful boat.

Beautiful boat-great job-BUT you have the wrong anchor:lol:

Congrats! Great little video snippet of one of my favorite places (not to mention a great one of a kind boat). Can't wait to spend my annual couple weeks there in August. Say hi if you happen to notice a former lobster boat named Pine Knot.

Congratulations, hope you will enjoy her every minutes :)

L.

Really enjoyed the video. Great looking boat! I can tell you put lots of love and work into her.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom