Latitudes & Attitudes Free Online Mags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonfish

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Traveler
Vessel Make
Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
The recent thread on the demise of Sea magazine reminded me that we have made the last 4 digital issues of Latitudes & Attitudes free to everyone. Normally you have to subscribe to the online version, but in light of the "situation"...

https://latsatts.com/shelter-in-place-free-access-for-2019-20-issues-of-lats-atts/

If you enjoy reading stories written by real people out cruising on their own boats all around the world, it can be a fun distraction. If you're looking for The New Yorker-level writing quality, um, maybe not so much. :)

Thanks - always enjoyed L&A; didn't realize it was back in circulation. You guys are associated with it? Still have the crazy cast of characters running it in their totally irreverent and relevant way?

Thanks - always enjoyed L&A; didn't realize it was back in circulation. You guys are associated with it? Still have the crazy cast of characters running it in their totally irreverent and relevant way?

Most of the same crew is still there. Bob and Jody, my wife and I, and Bob's daughter who has taken over editor duties from Sue. My wife is the ad director, and I am her glorified assistant (I create ads). I also help out with marketing and run the Lats & Atts online store.

I started back in 2004 when I created the Lats & Atts TV show. For a while my wife was our syndication director. It wasn't PBS quality, but I did make 65 fun half hour episodes that aired to millions of homes. Bob and I were partners for many years, and we have stayed good friends. It's truly an anomaly in the world of publishing, having such a small staff and a large, loyal fan base. And 95% of the articles are really "crowd sourced", written by actual cruisers.

This "new" version of Lats & Atts actually started in 2013 as Cruising Outpost. The white collar criminals who "bought" (swindled) the original magazine and then fleeced advertisers and subscribers when they closed it down 6 months later let the trademark expire a couple years ago. So Bob asked his Founder's Circle (800 people who put in $250 each to start up Cruising Outpost) if they thought going back to the Lats & Atts name was a good idea, the response was 100% yes!

Thanks for the update Darren. I recall the heartbreak when L&A was sold and soon after the "pirates" (this is a family forum) showed their true colours. Glad to see it back up and using the same format and attitude!

One of my favorite escapism magazines. Had most of them, fun winter reading. Gave em all away a few years back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom