Originally Posted by psneeld
Used a similar lanolin based product, no better than many other products in the limited experience I have with it.
Wonder if there is a difference?
Lanocote Tech Tip
SUPREME MARINE CORROSION PROTECTION
CHOICE OF MARINE PROFESSIONALS
How does LanoCoteŽ work?
LanoCoteŽ works on five basic principals:
* Displaces water
* Absorbs corrosion
* Forms moisture barrier
* Has high lubricity
LanoCoteŽ prevents dissimilar metal galvanization
LanoCoteŽ is extremely effective in preventing and stopping corrosion on all types of metals under all environmental conditions. Formulated to withstand saltwater marine conditions, LanoCoteŽ is particularly useful in preventing thread seizure due to all types of corrosion on boats and machinery. Applied during assembly, LanoCoteŽ will greatly assist in easy dismantling years later. An example would be anchor shackles, which are regularly immersed in salt water. LanoCoteŽ also combats galvanization where dissimilar metals are fastened together, such as stainless steel fittings and fasteners on aluminum masts.
* Turnbuckles-keeps them from seizing
* Anchor shackles-stops threads from seizing
* Stainless fasteners into aluminum mast and booms-stops corrosion and metal pitting
* Fasteners into wind-shield frames-stops corrosion
* Metal hinges-stops corrosion and squeaking
* Outboard motor lower unit hinges, locks and mechanisms
* Any metallic item that is susceptible to corrosion