Lake Boating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Cofer

Guru
Vessel Name
Puffin
Vessel Make
Willard Vega 30
The view from our window this morning. We have never done big lake boating, may have to come back here in the summer and give it a try.

The Coeur d'Alene Resort

ForumRunner_20140216_080632.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140216_080414.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140216_080414.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 85
Not that Lake Washington is huge but easily accessed through the locks - we're heading down this summer for a stint! Looking forward to a week vacation in Seattle.

Now interesting fact,
Lake Coeur d'Alene is Water volume 2,260,000 acre·ft
Lake Washington Water volume 2,400,000 acre·ft

Or perhaps you might like our little jewel here in the North, Lake Superior. 9 Billion 800 million acre/ft (9,799,680,000).

That is just truly amazing over 4,000 times the size of both of those lakes! One on the bucket lists for sure.

B-if you are coming down for a week, I am not sure I would waste much time in Lake Washington. We will bring the boat in through the locks (actually pretty cool to do at least once if you haven't yet) for Husky games, and that is about it. We don't find the Lake too interesting and there are only 2-3 places where you can anchor out over night. If you like riding along the shore and looking at houses it is ok, also ok to stop in Kirkland once, but not really much of interest, at least to us.

I boated lake Coeur d'Alene for several years. Great fun to be had. You can even rent a ski boat at the resort if you want. Carlin Bay was a fun place to go. Small bar with a band = good fun. Wish there were a few drive up party bars in the San Juan's.
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom